Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know someone that has a CAI in their RSX and at high RPM the CAI produces this loud roaring sound. Does this happen with a Mustang?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just notice a louder intake sucking noise, and at around 1500 rpm a whistling noise. I havnt listened to it from outside the car yet.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
It makes the exhaust sound better and louder, and it sounds slightly like a turbo.

·
The George Forman of Keepers
2,356 Posts
It depends on the CAI I think. The K&N I had made a difference but I've heard some others that sound no different. I think your tune and exhaust setup can make the CAI sound more or less prominent as well.

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
I had a Spectre CAI on my 00 for roughly 2 days, I noticed a nice throat-ier growl but the rattle bugged me.

I had an Air Raid in my PT Cruiser (shutup) and it sounded a helluva lot better. ..or at least better then a compact 2.4.

Theyre a cheap mod....$68 at Autozone, $75 on eBay, sometimes cheaper if you just mod the filter and airbox.

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Do you know if it was rattling against another engine part or itself?
The chrome 3.5'' tubing (basically, the flash) was ABS with electro shrink chrome was meh. It would rattle against the A/C compressor pump. Unlike the K&N, which bolts to the A/C pump, the SPECTRE just...sits there. Has a weak bendable aluminum strap which did nothing.

Im going to a SPECTRE 8146 adapator + 9372 red oil cotton SPECTRE filter. Tuesday which 00redGT has.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts