Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent had 2 much time to look at it but its like a squeaking kinda noise? Starts happening more frequently after like 5 minutes of driving. Sound comes from the drivers side of the engine bay possibly in the middle. I'll try to give you guys a better description tomorrow just wondering if anyone had some ideas.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
is it coming from the belt

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
its a belt man

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think its a belt also because of the sound it was making. And its pretty constant after driving for a few minutes.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If it is constant, then a belt would probably be a good place to start, its a cheap fix - and if it doesn't get rid of the noise then you are just a little bit ahead on your maintenance schedule.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I figured it out. I think its a throwout bearing because the sound goes away when I press the clutch in.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
throwout bearing wouldnt squeal and it stop cause the engine slows when you put the clutch in

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What kind of noise would a throwout bearing make then? and it only stops when i press the clutch in...when I slow to a stop it still makes the noise.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
What kind of noise would a throwout bearing make then? and it only stops when i press the clutch in...when I slow to a stop it still makes the noise.
a throwout bearing will click and your clutch would feel shaky and not engage properly. money says its the belt

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright I'll check it out some more. But getting off topic a I have a nitrous kit on the way as well. What brand did you go with. I found a NOS wet kit for a good deal so i went with that :D

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have all that cept the blowdown tube. How important is a blowdown tube ya think? Its more of a better safe than sorry type thing huh

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Alright I'll check it out some more. But getting off topic a I have a nitrous kit on the way as well. What brand did you go with. I found a NOS wet kit for a good deal so i went with that :D
I got a NOS sniper kit for about 350, but like shadow said grab at least a warmer from dynotune(pressure regulated) and a blowdown, a window switch is a good idea too

and if you wanna go to the track you need a blowdown otherwise if the pressure disk ruptures your cabin is going to fill with nitrous and you wont be able to see

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice how big a shot r u runnin? I'm getting a tune for a 100 shot. I guess I'll pick up one of those tubes.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Nice how big a shot r u runnin? I'm getting a tune for a 100 shot. I guess I'll pick up one of those tubes.
yeah there only like 20 bucks, im running either a 75 shot or a 100 direct port, depends if I can get an extra intake manifold, and a straight answer to if the engine can handle a 75(or100 shot) with 11:1 compression pistons

1 - 17 of 17 Posts