Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a sound coming from my engine bay and i do not know what it is....i just got finished changing my exhaust manifold gaskets and i made sure everything was tight and i fired it up and the sound was still there....i wish i could get a sound clip but its dark and rainy....but the sound sounds like an exhaust leak...but it only comes up when i give it gas other than that its not there???? does anyone have any idea what it is

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
hmmm i heard you can seafoam it to check for exhaust leaks and such...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have that same noise! It sounds like a ticking or an exhaust leak, right? Only when you give it gas, not when your off the pedal moving or stopped, right?

·
Registered
249 Posts
ya sort of...and you can hear it only when you mash the gas
I hear it under light and heavy loads. Whenever I press the gas... moving or not.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The person I bought my Mustang from said he had the "ticking" checked out by a ford dealership, and they said there was nothing wrong?!?!?!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The person I bought my Mustang from said he had the "ticking" checked out by a ford dealership, and they said there was nothing wrong?!?!?!
i dont know but it pissed me off when i spent my whole day changing those f***ing gaskets and the noise was still there...i just want to what it is so i can fix it or if thats what it suposed to sound like????

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
it may be a very small leak that is only audible under acceleration, did you tighten the manifolds down to factory specs.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i dont know but it pissed me off when i spent my whole day changing those f***ing gaskets and the noise was still there...i just want to what it is so i can fix it or if thats what it suposed to sound like????
That's what I thought, but then I keep thinking it's valves or something internal. I think I'm over thinking it, but it's odd cause it's only when I press the gas pedal. So why not when I'm doing 50MPH down the road???

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm gonna go and get an audio clip of mine... atleast I'm going to try and get one. :) BRB

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it may be a very small leak that is only audible under acceleration, did you tighten the manifolds down to factory specs.
yes everything is tight to spec....and all you can hear at idle is the motor no abnormal sound

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Damn, I took a little video, but you can't hear it... I'm using improper equipment. The record function on my digital camera :) I'll grab my buddies video camera tomorrow, and post a sound clip. When I play the video back, it just breaks-up.

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn, I took a little video, but you can't hear it... I'm using improper equipment. The record function on my digital camera
I'll grab my buddies video camera tomorrow, and post a sound clip. When I play the video back, it just breaks-up.
ok that good...because since we have the same problem mabe we can get an answer and fix whatever it is

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sounds good to me! Save us both a trip to the service center!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just notcied I was bumped from a Newbie to a Regular!! I do have 56 posts in 2 days!! LOL

1 - 20 of 54 Posts