Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 V6, and I will be getting dual exhausts this coming Friday (6 days). I want to know if Flows or Magnas will sound better. (Want deep, and pretty darn loud). Before you bag on me for having a V6, I am only 17 yeaqrs old, so I dont care what you have to say. I just want to know which will have a deeper, louder sound. The guy doing the exhaust suggested Flows, but I think Magnas sound better. THNX!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Do research, and use the search button

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And does it matter what kind of mid-pipe he puts on? Like y, h, x, etc... Or does only one fit?

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
ill bag on you for being 17 before i bag on you for owning a v6 lol...i'm on my 2nd one...and that's after the GT :D

but seriously...i'd hit up youtube or the 05-10 section..those guys know the mufflers well enough to help you out...new edges (99-04) have a very different note then yours...btw...h pipe. it'll be your friend

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Yes, they'll all effect how it sounds. Hit up Youtube as well and put in "2010 V6 Mustang" along with the mufflers you want to hear. Usually the poster will put his/her whole exhaust setup in the video description so you can figure out what midpipe they're using. You definitely want to go with dual exhaust so don't even consider a y pipe.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Flowmasters. Personal pref. but I think they do sound less gnarly then the Magnaflows.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I am going tomorrow morning to talk with the guy and pick out my tips, so I will get more info from him too. Thnx guys

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i have the american thunders and i love the sound

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have the ford racing stingers with the pypes x pipe and it sounds awesome even my stuck up friend with an srt8 thinks it sounds good.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Magnaflows and Flowmasters sound better on v8's or 3.8/3.9 liter v6's not so much on the 4.0. I had gt take offs until yesterday with an x-pipe sounded great, now have MAC mufflers with the X, sounds better but lots of drone (guess I got spoiled buy no drone GT Mufflers)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Magnaflows and Flowmasters sound better on v8's or 3.8/3.9 liter v6's not so much on the 4.0. I had gt take offs until yesterday with an x-pipe sounded great, now have MAC mufflers with the X, sounds better but lots of drone (guess I got spoiled buy no drone GT Mufflers)
i disagree. i think they sound great on the 4.0 and sound like crap on the 3.8/3.9. but thats just me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts