Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know about you guys but when Im driving its like a full on party in my car lol, Im looking to upgrade my sound system from the original Mach sound system the car came with. The mach system sounds nice but doesnt have enough "kick" for meI work at best buy and get pretty bad ass deals on speakers and decks.

So far I was looking to install

Pioneer Touchscreen deck:
Pioneer 50W x 4 MOSFET Apple iPodSatellite RadioReady DVD Deck AVH-P1400DVD - Best Buy

Pioneer 6x8 2 way speakers for the all the way around:
Pioneer 6" x 8" 2Way Speakers with IMPP Composite Cones Pair TS-G6844R - Best Buy

Before we get into saying dont waste money on it, remember I do get an employee discount which is crazy. I was also thinking of a 12 inch sub in the back. but i dont want to add weight. Any other opinions would help

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Idk why you wouldn't get the sub, it wouldn't be too hard to remove for racing purposes.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I'd go with a 10" sub. I have an 8" kicker L7. Very expensive, but sounds AMAZING worth every penny

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Unless you go to the track every weekend the weight is not something to be concerned about. You don't need a huge sub if you're looking to just add some depth. What type of music do you listen to most?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
i got Boston acoustics all around hooked up to a ____ 4 channel amp with a earthquake eq, have it hooked up for subs as well but that got old and really didnt like all the unwanted attention it brought. had those speakers since the day i bought it!!

50/60lbs is good for weight transfer :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I'm confused, what harness do you need if you put a double din in with the Mach 460?

Also, what size double din can you run? I'm looking to upgrade myself

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless you go to the track every weekend the weight is not something to be concerned about. You don't need a huge sub if you're looking to just add some depth. What type of music do you listen to most?
I listen to Rap/R&B so most of the songs have lots of bass.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I agree with pioneer touchscreen for sure I have 2 and love them both. Need to get you some lower end dc audio or aq subs. You will be blown away after hearing it or anything with them. Mainstream just doesn't do it...

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I agree with pioneer touchscreen for sure I have 2 and love them both. Need to get you some lower end dc audio or aq subs. You will be blown away after hearing it or anything with them. Mainstream just doesn't do it...
eh?

·
Registered
126 Posts
A lot of the smaller brands are pretty good at what they do. I think it's because changes in materials and designs don't make as big of an impact on profit since they aren't making as much. And after all, a small company can't expand easily by making low quality products.

·
Registered
92 Posts
For easy sub box removal use ratchet straps, hook them into the trunk behind the seats and go around the box on the rear side. I do it and have no issues with them moving and I didn't have to drill into my frame. They really only want to slide away from the seat so securing them on one side handles that well.

In my opinion, ipad or android table with proclip on the dash with basic head unit > touchscreen head units. Been doing it for years and much better functionality and can use the tablet outside of my car as well. Especially if you get a 3g model or use your phone as a hotspot.

The employee discount is insane on amps and subs (used to work there too.) 12 inch Type R's are the way to go, but a Type X from the online store is really how you should do it if you want to use that discount. If you are gonna do it just make sure you get the best amp they carry as that's really what matters. The sub just needs to handle the power the amp does all the hard work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have a pioneer touch screen DVD and I love it. Just installed Focal speakers (165V30) components in front and back to go with a JL W3 sub. I've had a lot of car speakers before and for the money Focal blows everyone else away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts