Modded Mustang Forums banner

361 - 380 of 436 Posts

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
also got the radio mocked up to give an idea of what its going to look like, needs a lof of work to finish it but its getting there.

i might make my own dash kit out of 1/4" MDF as this plastic one is flimsy as hell

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
started the H/C/I swap today

didnt get very far but its a start

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
also got GT rear leathers to match my fronts

adjusted the pedal height with the MM kit

got my speed of sound pillar

new pic

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Looks like its still coming along nicely. I am not sure if I am going to make a build thread when I start my little project.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
You happy with the seats?
yes, they look a hell of a lot better than the stock cloth ones and they math the front leathers i already had perfectly.

also made some more progress, im now on the re assembly part

new cam is in

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
i think you need to change the title to your one year build thread
lol i hope to be all done by the end of sept, this has taken a lot longer than i had expected.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
yes, they look a hell of a lot better than the stock cloth ones and they math the front leathers i already had perfectly.
Great, happy you like them :) Nice work dude keep er up.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
looks like its coming along slowly but surely. **** I wish i would be able to do all that work myself.
Looking good. As soon as mine is out of the shop (wed or thur) I'm starin my top end swap. All I have to but is the pushrods and a tune. And I went with head bolts rather than studs.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
its alive

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #379
well i got some more stuff done in the last few months.

8.8 is in, that was a huge hassle, i pulled that rear from a 2002 GT and it turns out its from a 94--98 GT because it was too narrow. I also had to cut all the bolts out which was a slow painfull process with my dremel. Overall i think the H/C/I install was easier than the damn rear end

Anyways its all in running eibach wheel spacers to make up for the size difference.
The girdle hits the spare tire well so i will be taking a hammer to that to create some clearance.

these bolts were seized in the bushings

Up on stands

ready to go in

7.5 is dropped

Old LCA's

8.8 starting to go in, at this point i still had no idea it was too narrow, found that out once i went to put in the rear most lca bolts and the holes were too small.

Also had to drop the exhaust to get the front most LCA bolts out and in

MM LCA's

Cobra rear brakes

MM LCA's

Hitting the well

Before spacers

spacers arrived

Painted

Then the brakes started to rub in the rear so to simplify troubleshooting i said **** it and bought some termi calipers, yes i know they are mostly the same but i could restore these with no down time to the car

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #380 (Edited)
Got a great deal on the cobra calipers

as they arrived

left before, right cleaned a bit

all clean

And paint

and most recently i bought this

and then today woke up to this

so its officially the second winter of the build

and i thought this would be all done last February, :lol

also now when i fill up with gas after about 3 gallons go in it starts spraying out the bottom of the filler neck so im assuming that gasket is bad, looks like the tank is coming back down again.

and the car keeps dying on me when i shut if off and park it, so the battery re locate with new battery should be coming sooner than expected

361 - 380 of 436 Posts