Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my 2012 V6 did not come with a spare, and I do not want to spend 300 for a new spare tire. Any websites you can suggest for cheap spares? I already checked my local junk yards and came up empty.

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
This may sound trivial to most people, but in your case it may not be. It is ILLEGAL to sell a car without a spare tire.

Any junk yard should have hundreds of them.. you dont need a specific mustang 2012 one. If you want the donut tire, it is a 5x114.3 and itle be 1" larger than stock size wheels, and itle have a lower profile crap tire. OR you could just find ANY 5x114.3 wheel with similar offset and a used tire for probably under $75

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
This may sound trivial to most people, but in your case it may not be. It is ILLEGAL to sell a car without a spare tire.

Any junk yard should have hundreds of them.. you dont need a specific mustang 2012 one. If you want the donut tire, it is a 5x114.3 and itle be 1" larger than stock size wheels, and itle have a lower profile crap tire. OR you could just find ANY 5x114.3 wheel with similar offset and a used tire for probably under $75
Not where I live. lol **** is effed up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Just like "xzavier247" said, same with where I live. More and more dealerships are doing it. I know some Cadillac owners are having the same issue. But thank you for the info! That will help a lot!

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I would look at the ford car line up and match the bolt pattern and get a spare from a diff model.
Does Ford sell anything else that's 5x4.5 these days? Ranger's the only thing I can think of, unless the Taurus or Fusion do (and by extension, the new Explorer).

Sounds like you have runflats...
This.

Could you cite the specific law that says that? Many high performance cars in the last 5+ years have been ditching the weight of the spare tire in favor of a can of fix-a-flat and free tow service and/or installing run-flat tires standard :)puke)

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
for 500$ I saw people selling full set of wheels, 300 for a spare damn!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts