Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have some pretty bad spark knock after i installed the m112. what things do i screw on my xcal 3 to stop the spark knock?

·
Registered
258 Posts
are u using the right spark plugs and did u gap them right?
u want to use TR6 spark plugs and close the gap a lil since u are using F/I

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i no i need a tune but i wana get a camshaft first. and i dont have to money right now for that so i was tryin to see if i could screw around with something so the spark knock went away

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
i no i need a tune but i wana get a camshaft first. and i dont have to money right now for that so i was tryin to see if i could screw around with something so the spark knock went away
If you don't have the money, I suggest you not screw around with anything, otherwise you will be building an entire motor. And if the car is knocking, then you may also not want to drive it otherwise you may end up building an entire motor. What injectors, and fuel pump, and boost are you running? Did you at least get a base tune from VMP/TrickTuners?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nope. how much are those? and im running 42lb injectors with the 310 lph pump and boost i think is like at 8 or 9? idk when i hit it i never really looked

·
Registered
281 Posts
so let me get this straight:

you running 8-9 PSI, 42lb injectors, and a 310LPH pump all on the factory tune?

im sorry but...

you might not want to drive the car until you get a tune

·
Registered
258 Posts
if u don't get even a temp tune from VMP ur going to be buying a new motor. the stock gap for spark plugs is .54 for boost ur going to want to close that to like .40 and if u don't even have the right plugs thats part of ur problem u need the TR6 plugs like now and a tune or ur going to damage lots of internal engine parts.
i think from VMP a basic tune for the m112 is $250 and it could be more if u need don't have a handheld tunner
here is the link for the m112 tune from VMP VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: 99-04 Mustang V6 with M112 Blower Swap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts