Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No problems at all, except it was hard to tell if you got the cop rubber tubes on over the plugs... and the back left, and back right plugs, EASY. NO PROBLEM AT ALL.... honestly, not to sound like a dick, but I can't see how people had a problem changing their plugs, UNLESS they didnt have an adjustable ball joint socket to fit the back passenger one. But ya, i thought it would be a pain, it was easy, it just took a while.... but ya CARS RUNNING GREAT.... (knock on wood) l0l

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
im gonna do mine when i go home. do you gotta pull the fuel rails or anything to get the coil off? i just glanced at it for a min the other day. didnt even try to pull anything off though. i didnt have the plugs or my tools.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
No you dont have to pull the rail, just unblot the coils and wiggle them out. Then use and extension and a swivel to get the plugs out. Easy job.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Nope you do not need to pull your fuel rails, just need some extentions and a swivel/u joint adapter.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, All I took off was the inlet tube of my cai, (the upper piece that connects to the t/b,) You DONT have to take off the fuel rail to take off the cops, just un-screw the bolt on em, an they slide out, and they just pull em up... but when you put the cops back on, just make sure you get the rubber boot back on the plug, then just screw em back on. The fuel rail never got in our way at all.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And another thing..... ANTI SEIZE!! It helped a ton, the bolts to the cops were really tight to put back on, ( it almost felt as if they were cross threaded) but when we put anti seize on the plugs and the cop bolts, they went in smooth... just hand tighten the plugs, then torque em..

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya, im gld it was no PITA....Next i gotta fix the 02 sensor prob, then tires, clutch, then back to modding....

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
ya they are pretty simple to change...only reason i preach not to over tighten is because they are aluminum heads...aluminum strips so damn easy!

02 sensor might be a PITA...soak it good the night before with some pb blaster

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya, I gotta change it, and fix the wire, cuz the dumbass who put the cats in put the 02 wire where its sitting across the exhaust piping, and it burnt it....

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
ya, I gotta change it, and fix the wire, cuz the dumbass who put the cats in put the 02 wire where its sitting across the exhaust piping, and it burnt it....
are you currently throwing codes? Have you ohm'd the wires to make sure they are not an open?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya im throwin a code, Its what kinda made me not pass emissions the first time... so we put cats back in (we bought the car used without cats) thinking that would help it pass, what was reall keeping us from passing was the car throwin an 02 code if I member correctly. Something having to do with something bout the exhaust.. l0l but ya, the shop burnt me a chip to turn off the light, so when we went to get an emissions test the computer ( emmissions computer ) wouldnt recognize that i was throwin a CEL code

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But ya, the CEL light is only on hen I have the key in the on posistion, when I crank the car up, it goes away.... maybe it'll go away when I fix the 02 sensor prob.... will it be ok if I just let the wire hang below the exhaust piping? id figure it would, much better than it sitting on the piping and burning the wire...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
First and foremost, DO NOT have a chip flashed to turn off the check engine light...if down the road you have a different serious problem, you will not know about it till its too late...happened to me.

Have advanced auto or some other place run a computer scan for you...its free.

You need to ohm out the wires before you go replacing the sensors...since you see you have burnt wires, you could very well have an open in that area. Do you have a multimeter or access to one? Put it to the Ω position then take your black lead and put it on the connector...then put the red lead somewhere above the burnt spot (you need test leads that will puncture the plastic coating and make contact with the actual wire)...this reading should be less than 5 ohms...repeat for other contact.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
WTF ARE YOU TALKIN BOUT??? l0l,, im sure itll be ok if i just replace the 02s and the wires... l0l
burnt wires equal broken connection...point a to point b is no longer there...before you go wasting money on sensor that you do not know are good or bad, check your wires. Thought i put it all in pretty good lamens terms.

And just replacing the wires isn't a simple thing...they all go into a wiring harness.

Ok so simple test...disconnect your 02 sensors and start the car...does it act different? if it noticeably does, then you have a sensor problem...if it doesn't you have a wiring problem.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
But ya, the CEL light is only on hen I have the key in the on posistion, when I crank the car up, it goes away.... maybe it'll go away when I fix the 02 sensor prob.... will it be ok if I just let the wire hang below the exhaust piping? id figure it would, much better than it sitting on the piping and burning the wire...
Just cause the cel is on when the key is forward, does not mean the cel actually works...this can all be tricked by the chip installed into the pcm.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts