Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night i was driving home after getting my car aligned and started getting on the gas and all the sudden lost power and sounded like my exhaust cracked at the headers. Pulled over hauled it home found out my spark plug was out. Went to the parts store before close bought a plug and put it in. The threads don't seem to be stripped in the head. Now I have a miss when I get on the gas. I wasn't able to gap the plug right last night and i'm thinking about putting new ones in all the way around. I did have to run the car a little after the plug came out to get it on the car trailer. Should the proper gap get rid of the miss? Do I need a new coil or boot? Suggestions for plugs?

·
Registered
741 Posts
If you blew the spark plug out, You gonna need to use a helicoil to repair that hole. Because when your spark plug blew out. The threads got mess-up. Been there and done that. Do you have nitrous or FI on the car?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Someone already done this damage. I blew mine out, but that was with nitrous though. People will say heli don't hold up long. Well mine has lasted me +5yr and I still used nitrous. My dyno was 360hp/490tq nitrous. So I can tell you they do work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put a new plug in and it threadded right in. I was thinking maybe it worked itself loose even though I've heard of the problems with the treads and blowing the plugs out. I'll look into it thinking about changing a coil. What does the heli run price wise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts