Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm in the process of putting everything back on to my long block for install into my 00 mustang. Current set up is an 8.5:1 compression DOHC 4.6 with a vortech v2 blower @ around 16-18lbs. I've heard good things about ngk t6 plugs for supercharged cars, but what should I gap them to at that boost level? i've heard conflicting advice. any ideas? thanks in advance.:

·
good with the steel.
244 Posts
Shooting from the hip i would say .35-.40 you want to run the biggest gap possible without spark blowout.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I run the same compression 8.5:1 as you. Currently I'm setup for 18-20lbs of boost. If I were you, since you're shooting for 16-18lbs definitely go 2 steps colder on the plugs. TR7's or AWSFA-12C. I always run the 12C's no issue at all. On the stock coil-on plugs I gap them to .028. For reference - I have a Paxton Novi 2000 and I put down 660whp 537wtq on 18lbs @ 6800rpms.

Check Rock Auto for the AWSFA-12C plugs. I was able to pick up All 8 for $10 bucks shipped to my front door. This setup has been going very well for me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ask the guy whos tuning it, they usually see all ranges of power and know what is in successful tune. I know its not the answer you want, but the tuners see these things everyday and if they are good, which we hope they are, they will know what they are talking about.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, thanks guys. I appreciate the info.

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
I run .048 on my n/a mach. Think thats ok or is there a better gap size?
You can open that up to .054" or so, but it honestly won't make much difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts