Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by the previous owner that my 96 gt car has PI heads and intake but i didn't believe him so when i bought plugs for the car i bought them for a 96gt, the plugs had only half the threads compared to the ones i pulled out of the car so i swapped them for a set for a 2001 gt which matched the threads(but had a smaller gap). when i took it down the road after the plug change it started missing so i pullover and popped the hood to find that three or four of the spark plug wires had popped off the plugs at least an inch so i was only running on half my cylinders...i stuck them back on and drove it and the same thing happened again. Im sure the wires are tight and i tightened all the plugs pretty tight. What could be causing this?, i figure its not sealed at the plugs or something....i think my intake is npi(it looks shallow and coolent hose hasn't been relocated), but the pi plugs match the plugs i took out of the car??? whats going on here? could i have a npi intake on pi heads or do i have npi heads and just had weird spark plugs in them?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
check the first runner behind the coolant crossover if it runs to the right its the pi intake

if it runs to the passenger side its npi.

might be time for new plug wires, or pull the boots off and look inside the part that snaps on the to the plug could be messed up

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
You can see the casting numbers on the side of the head if you lok for them as well. The easiest to see is the drivers side, look from underneath hte car and you should be able to read most of it. That will tell you as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts