Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased a salvage mustang gt 2002 that was hit in the rear i had it fixed up and its driving great but i now want to changed the spark plugs, coolant and power steering fluid on the car as well as the break fluid and trany fluid.

I Am wondering what oil brand will be the best from off the shelf
mobile One ,castrol ect. and what grade should i use ?

What antifreeze should be used also and what spark plugs are good to use in my car and what Auto tranny fluid should i use ?

one last thing how do you change the spark plugs and are there how to's or tech pages on this site?

GEEYAA////

·
Registered
15 Posts
Amsoil makes some great lubricants. You can use 5w-20 or 0w-30 full synthetic in the engine with their filter. They make auto trans fluid as well. While you are changing the fluids, make sure you change the rear end fluid also.

The plugs are under the coil packs (coil-on-plug) for each cylinder. Denso Iridiums are a great choice.
Your brake fluid could be Valvoline synthetic or any other brand of synthetic.
On the tech side, go to ebay and get a DVD for your year Ford Service Manual.
Hope this helps.

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
Amsoil makes some great lubricants. You can use 5w-20 or 0w-30 full synthetic in the engine with their filter. They make auto trans fluid as well. While you are changing the fluids, make sure you change the rear end fluid also.

The plugs are under the coil packs (coil-on-plug) for each cylinder. Denso Iridiums are a great choice.
Your brake fluid could be Valvoline synthetic or any other brand of synthetic.
On the tech side, go to ebay and get a DVD for your year Ford Service Manual.
Hope this helps.
I didn't know there was 0 weight oil? hmm

·
Registered
187 Posts
i have always been a fan of royal purple. great synthetic oil, trans and rear end fluids. i am in the process of changing all the fluids myself. this is my 3rd stang, and all the previous ones liked the royal purple. this is just a opinion, castrol synthetic is just as good. as for plugs, i usually use the motorcraft and ford racing stuff, as of now, there is no engine mods. later on when your using more elements to make more power, you can use other equipment, but a stock motor doesnt really need any more spark than the motorcraft gives. again, just opinions. oh, and anti freeze is a 50/50 mixture, and i like the 180 t-stat. 15 cooler then stock, and the motor will thank you in the long run. heat is the enemy as far as motors trans, and rearends.

·
Registered
927 Posts
i have always been a fan of royal purple. great synthetic oil, trans and rear end fluids. i am in the process of changing all the fluids myself. this is my 3rd stang, and all the previous ones liked the royal purple. this is just a opinion, castrol synthetic is just as good. as for plugs, i usually use the motorcraft and ford racing stuff, as of now, there is no engine mods. later on when your using more elements to make more power, you can use other equipment, but a stock motor doesnt really need any more spark than the motorcraft gives. again, just opinions. oh, and anti freeze is a 50/50 mixture, and i like the 180 t-stat. 15 cooler then stock, and the motor will thank you in the long run. heat is the enemy as far as motors trans, and rearends.
Funny i was thinking what brand anti freese to use to day as well since all my cars take some special brand so now im confused :sorryso what brand anti freeze are you using ? I like you like royal purple as well as redline oils and amsoils .

·
Registered
187 Posts
hum honestly i use whatever is convienent at the parts store. 50/50 mixure of ethylene glycol and water. penzoil, or even the parts store brand works. again, just what i do. im sure someone will disagree, but i have never had any problems that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts