Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford dealer didn't follow the tsb for removing the motorcraft spark plugs and they broke 7 inside the cylinder. We don't have rotunda or lisle tools to remove them so pulling the heads is what they want to do.
I don't trust them anymore, they broke 7 plugs so im sure they will mess up things when pulling/reinstalling the heads.

Changing gaskets and bolts are my worries so i need to tell them exactly what to change.
Please tell me what parts i need to change more than those:

1) head gasket (2)
2) exhaust gaskets (4)
3) cylinder head bolts (20)

I need help with the "cam sprocket bolts", 20 must be changed so i need ford oem part number for those, is it 6L293?

And what else is needed to be changed please.
My car is Gt 2005
Thank you

·
Registered
705 Posts
spark plugs lol seems like you got it all man umm cam cover gaskets??

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Buy the broken spark plug removal tool. Cheaper and easier than head removal.

If those hacks cannot remove plugs, they certainly cannot R&R heads.

Where are you. Is the car in Beirut, Lebanon?

Also, get a new mechanic or DIY.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts

Agreed 100%...

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
+1 on just ordering the plug removal tool. easier and much cheaper than r&r a set of heads. i did heads on my car and it's not hard just time consuming

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yes im in Lebanon living on Valium pills since 5 days. Now they want to follow the tsb and order rotunda tools to remove the 7 broken pieces. I suggested them lisle 65600but they did not agree on any other tool but rotunda.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Tell them to quit f*cking around. They f*cked up once. Get the Lisle tool. It is fool proof. I have one in my garage now, it's a freaking life saver. Who is doing this? A "Legit" Ford dealer??? They should know how to do this, or at least should've had the damn tool to begin with...

·
Registered
503 Posts
*making mental note not to use Ford dealership next time I'm driving 'stang through Lebanon*

Good luck with that Montana.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tell them to quit f*cking around. They f*cked up once. Get the Lisle tool. It is fool proof. I have one in my garage now, it's a freaking life saver. Who is doing this? A "Legit" Ford dealer??? They should know how to do this, or at least should've had the damn tool to begin with...
I just ordered the Lisle from usa now and ill wait for the shipment.
The dealer is the legit i think, no other ford dealer in Beirut but them.
They also ordered rotunda tools so im just sitting waiting what will happen next.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*making mental note not to use Ford dealership next time I'm driving 'stang through Lebanon*

Good luck with that Montana.
Thank you, i really need ,uck. The dealer in in Beirut Lebanon and not lebanon USA so relax it won't happen to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts