1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
NGK 3346 tapped at .035

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
No prob. You can get those from most parts stores. They were recommended to me by the person who was doing the install and tune on my car.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Me too. Tim Barth told me to run these years ago when I got a v2 aftercooled from him at modular powerhouse. The are also known as NGK BR7EF. I still run them at 20+ psi on my kenne bell 2.8.
Yeah it was Jeff Smith at Central Texas Performance that advised me to run them. I asked if he recommended them over the tr6s and he said "For a boosted car absolutely".

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
hmm.. the way he said that, is there a con to runnin the ngk tr6's/vs others?
TR-6 is projected tip which is like a stock plug, the BR7EF is recessed tip plus cooler. The real difference is getting the plug ground strap and plug gap out of the combustion chamber some. Now this retards the combustion timing some because of moving the plug gap back some. So you can run more timing on BR7EF than TR-6 assuming everything else is the same.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Me too. Tim Barth told me to run these years ago when I got a v2 aftercooled from him at modular powerhouse. The are also known as NGK BR7EF. I still run them at 20+ psi on my kenne bell 2.8.
These are in my car as well.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I'm running Tr6's and tuned by Tim with 17 degrees of timing and no issues.TR6 part number is 4177.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
hmm.. the way he said that, is there a con to runnin the ngk tr6's/vs others?
I was hearing from a couple of ppl on forums saying go with tr6s so before I decided to purchase plugs I decided it was best for me to actually ask someone who actually tunes and works with those rides on the daily before I made that next to final purchase. So from a few guys on on a different forum not this one I was told tr6's but when I brought that question to him on what plugs would he personally recommend as a tuner/installer he told me NGK 3346. That's how i came down to my decision.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
My tuner did the install and put in TR6s. I've never had any problems with them. The first set lasted abount 75,000 miles. Even with all those mile the car dynoed the numbers in my signature. When I took them out they just had normal wear with the gap still close to .035"

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Im pretty sure im running BR7EF gapped at .028 at the suggestion of my tuner.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts