Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had new Autolite sparkplugs installed. I didn't want to go through the hassle and do them myself, so I took it to an independent Auto Repair shop. I know the owner and he does great work. The cheapest he could get the plugs were 13.00 each, a little expensive, but with parts, labor and tax the total was only $180.00. I looked online for the dealer price and the estimated cost was $294 to $325. Oh! and none of the sparkplugs broke.

·
Registered
646 Posts
goood stuff especially on none broken I did mine this morning let em all soak in carb cleaner over night and they all came out with eas

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds good man, I think you could have tackled it yourself but I guess this way the shop has to deal with it if one breaks...
Overall probably a relative easy job, but just in case, I didn't want to put up with the hassle of a broken plug.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I did the same thing the first time... now go get yourself the tools you need to pull them with and pull them every time you change your oil and clean them up a little... you will get better mileage and peace of mind knowing they are good and won't ever get buildup on them..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts