Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i got my car back from the shop (i had got into a car accident a month ago) and i was thinking about changing the plugs and wires.

1. how many miles before changing plug/wires? (i have 55k on a 2004)

2. what are the best plugs for my mods?

3. what are the best wires for my mods?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
id say stock heat range aouto light copper plugs
and for as for wirers i would recommend msd super conducters

u r probaly geting close to needing new plugs, u can pull one out and check one to make shure evry thing is fine befor u buy new ones.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
id say stock heat range aouto light copper plugs
and for as for wirers i would recommend msd super conducters

u r probaly geting close to needing new plugs, u can pull one out and check one to make shure evry thing is fine befor u buy new ones.
autolite coppers +1

if you want new wires it would only be beneficial if you upgraded your coil pack to a performance one too... and then gap the plugs correctly

oh and plugs last between 30-50k if i remember correct maybe its only 15k... hell if i know i replaced mine when i got the car and intend on doing it this summer ... every 2 years for me :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice thanks. what size wires do i need. for instance, like 8mm, or whatever they go by. oh yea and anywhere i can get these for a good deal. i looked today and this stuff can get a lil pricy.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
the msd wiers r 8.5 mm (only option) and they r $58 at summit

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
again ... upgrading wires = waste unless you up your coil pack and regap the plugs

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
again ... upgrading wires = waste unless you up your coil pack and regap the plugs
or if u have bad wires, i replaced just the wires on mine and smothed out the idle nicly.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
would a better coil pack be something like the screamin demon coil?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
yeah those plugs and wires are good. And yeah screamin demon coil is what alot of guy recommend. Accel makes a coil pack also if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
now if i get the screamin demon coil do i hvae to get the live wires or should i get the msd's still??

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
yeah those plugs and wires are good. And yeah screamin demon coil is what alot of guy recommend. Accel makes a coil pack also if im not mistaken.
the accel coil wont work on a 01+ car, juggs had this ishue, he can give better info on why not.

and yes i would still recomend the msd wires wit hthe sSD coil pac.
so to summerize to u r not confused. u do not need to run live wiers with it, and set of praformance wires will work.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok sounds good so screamin demon coil, msd wires, and autolite copper spark plugs will be on order soon. thanks for the help guys and feel free to add more recommendations and /or other products. i will prob order in a week and i will check this thread every day to see if anyone added anything else.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
ok sounds good so screamin demon coil, msd wires, and autolite copper spark plugs will be on order soon. thanks for the help guys and feel free to add more recommendations and /or other products. i will prob order in a week and i will check this thread every day to see if anyone added anything else.
k no problom
im gana try and find out exataly what it is about the accel coil that will make it not work, and if i can figer out a farly cheep way to get it to work, i may sell that as a kit.
since the accel, is cheeper, and also supposedly little better coil.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
jugs had a problem with the bolt pattern i believe. But its meant to work for 94-00.
ya the accels will work for pre 01's
but i think it was also more then just the bolt patern, but if that is it i can esaly make up a braket for it to work.

ya it was more then just the bolt patern
jaggalo-x said:
:rolleyes: thats they one they sent me and tried to say it would work. bolt pattern is different, Coil harness is different. and good luck getting your 01-04 wires to connect to the coil ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
765 autolite

thats the part number
every place i went to said the only copper core plugs they got are the autolite 605 for the v6 stang. so thats the ones i got. where are u getting the 765 from??

Edit: does anyone know a store that sells msd wires. i wanna do this tomorrow but the only places i can find the wires are online. oh yea and i dont think im gonna change the coil.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts