Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok So I think somethings wrong with my e3's. Idk Iv just always been having issues and it all started from when I put them in. So I decided to switch over to the NGK. Now I didnt go for the iridium becuase i need money for an upcoming dyno tune. So i went with the platnium.

But has anyone had any issues with these plugs?
Also has anyone ever had issues with the e3's?

My revs jump from 500-1000 for 2-3 times after I let off the gas. Anyone else get that?

·
Registered
663 Posts
My car runs E3 and runs fine. Personally I think they're overpriced and NGK are probably better but I didn't pay for them either.

You seem to be blaming this directly on the E3 plugs but the way your post was worded it sounds unrelated since you are still having the same problem.

Have you tried cleaning your MAF with MAF cleaner? I would start there first. You could also spray down the IACV with it too. On the Cobra it is directly attached to the upper intake on the right. I may even be calling it the wrong name.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
i run the auto-lite double platinums they were 2 somethin a plug and its been awesome with those

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i just swapped out the original plugs on mine with ngk v-power plugs and runs smoother with not one issue! anyone heard about oil around the plugs? mine had a slight amount of oil around the plugs when i pulled them and heard from a couple people this is kind of common?

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not the IAC valve because its new. (bought it awhile ago cause the old what just looked bad)

I might clean the MAF. Is it a special solution made just for MAF's?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
brake cleaner will work fine, mine was having issues returning to idle at an unacceptable rate between 2500-1500rpms..its came down real slow, and made it seam like i was slipping out the clutch everytime..im sorry i did this all at once but i swapped out the plugs (ngk v-power), the stock gap is supposed to be between .52-.56 if i remember correctly and my new ngk's came out of the box at .54, but i checked all the plugs as i pulled them, were all between .32-.42, swapped out wires (frpp 9mm), swapped out the coil packs (msd) and changed the iac valve when i bought the trick flow plenum and bbk tb and the tps bolts were rounded off so i couldnt get it off the original tb so i replaced that...returns to idle good now, doesnt jump around from 600-1100rpms anymore at idle and isnt skipping and backfiring anymore...lol idk how much that'll help

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Been running the NGK-R Plugs for over a year now and they still look like new, Best plug i have ever used.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
motorcraft plugs ftw!!

anybody ever used those pulstar pulse plugs? I keep seeing very convincing ads but at 25 a plug no waay am i buying them unless I am garunteed they will outperform like no other

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know vortech says to go to factory spec plugs with superchargers, since copper and platinum are for a more longer lasting plug. I went with the Autolite XP Xtreme Performance Iridium's. Seem to be a good plug. Hey Sharkbait, what hp and torque are you gettin from your stang.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got 227hp and 300ftlbs

I was told with a new Xpipe it would be around 260hp and Alot more torque....
Im Npi aswell

·
Registered
185 Posts
This was happenning to me after I threw in my TB and my Upper intake plenum. I cleaned the IACV and the MAF and it idled better but still had the surge problem so I replaced the Throttle Position Sensor and it stopped.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts