Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2002 Sixer. I have flowmasters and an x pipe. If that matters. I have to replace my spark plugs cuz mine are crap. What kind should i get if want to get horsepower and the most out of them...

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
if the ones u have now r in good condition just need to be replaced get autolight copers in the stock heat reang.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
We all know copper is a great conductor that is cheap, but if the vehicles manual says to use platinum plugs....then why not use them? I thought changing the plugs was a pain in the ass, and would rather not do it often. I can see if yur using nitrous to use copper plugs....but not for basic NA.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
We all know copper is a great conductor that is cheap, but if the vehicles manual says to use platinum plugs....then why not use them? I thought changing the plugs was a pain in the ass, and would rather not do it often. I can see if yur using nitrous to use copper plugs....but not for basic NA.
Platinum plugs are for LAZY people who don't wanna change plugs....

I use copper plugs and I'm S/C, theirs no reason to use anything other than copper n/a. I'm gonna switch to IX plugs soon as I do my next tune because thats what I need.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Platinum plugs are for LAZY people who don't wanna change plugs....

I use copper plugs and I'm S/C, theirs no reason to use anything other than copper n/a. I'm gonna switch to IX plugs soon as I do my next tune because thats what I need.
Its not that im lazy....i would just rather use something that is just as good but lasts twice as long. not trying to start an argument, I just think there is minimal differences between platinum and copper aside from price.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Its not that im lazy....i would just rather use something that is just as good but lasts twice as long.
sure it lasts twice as long, but it costs 4 times the price so i dont see the balance there

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
sure it lasts twice as long, but it costs 4 times the price so i dont see the balance there
true that, try having to buy iridium plugs, 40 bucks for 4 it sucks

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
it takes me 20 minutes to take off my intercool pipe to my throttle body, pull the spark plugs on the passenger side(not in a rush) and put the new ones back in, properly gapped with the gel =)

then about 20 for the other side
40min every 10k miles isnt bad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts