Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best spark plug for an 01 Cobra... All i have ever used is NGK for all my vehicles, but just wanted to see what most of yall are running?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just put in some autolite 764 platinums in mine just 2 weeks ago, and they are great

·
Registered
274 Posts
my friend has told me that i he replaced his spark plugs at around 60k miles and he said it really woke the car up and made it quicker? is this true? cuz my mileage is 68k and maybe i should get them replaced...

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
I am a firm believer in copper autolites..... Currently I run a AR94 in the Cobra.
I ran AR103 in my 01 GT with a 100 shot and it ran great NA.

·
Registered
265 Posts
well i dont know alot but i dont think if you put in better spark plugs its going to make it run a whole lot better.

I do know if you put in something that is less then o.e. it wont run well...

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
NGK all the way, i dont like autolite coppers, i run them in my beater car just because there like 1.50 a peice prob 2 bucks a peice actually, i beleive copper plugs will melt before your motor detonats incase for some reason you get really shaddy gas

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
NGK all the way, i dont like autolite coppers, i run them in my beater car just because there like 1.50 a peice prob 2 bucks a peice actually, i beleive copper plugs will melt before your motor detonats incase for some reason you get really shaddy gas
Copper is a better conductor than platinum and iridium. The whole point of a platinum and iridium plug is to make the plug last longer. So from a performance stand point a copper plug works better. And yes in most cases they will melt before your piston does. I need to find the extensive write up on plugs that was posted on Modular depot for you guys to read.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im not running any boost so i dont think i need a colder plug... i have long tubes/ full exhaust and an intake with a dyno tune

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
im not running any boost so i dont think i need a colder plug... i have long tubes/ full exhaust and an intake with a dyno tune
If you beat on the car as most mustang owners do I think you would benefit with a 1 stage colder plug. An AR103 or equivalent.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
yep......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts