Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I had an intake hose from my throttlebody down into the intake that got cut. I didnt notice it right away, it was sucking air out of the enginbay down into my intake. Within that weekend my car started to idle bad(how I noticed) and I lost some perforemance. I thought it was the tube causing my car to not idle right and just run lean. Fixed the tube.

I still have my idle problem, sounds like a missfire, Im betting some crud got sucked in and is now clogging a tube or sparkplug. What should I used to clean out the tube if this is the case? Or is my plug just damaged and need to be replaced? I checked wires and everything, everything seemed good.

Need some suggestions before I just Replace my plugs and call it even.

·
Registered
991 Posts
well why not throw in new plugs any way, ..... depending on how big the cut was nasty stuff could have flew into the engine idk man you need to be more specific

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cut looked like you would take an razorblade to it, and it peeled inward with the suction. The tube is like 6 inch's the slit was about 3 and half inchs long, not wide at all. It really did look like a cut with a razor blade. Im at work so I cant post a pic.

The idle shakes the car under 2k rpm. Not a horrible shake but noticeable. After 2k the vib stops but I you can hear it while driving, and it doesnt have the same power.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
try new plugs and disconnect your battery and let your computer relearn its fuel tables and idle air maps

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was a vaccume leak, Found and fixed that, I belive anyway, the idle is getting worse, so Im thinking from my new tune(been in about a week) that brought up my octane to 91, and then my new intake manifold caused them to just say to much. And I have also put 10k miles on this car since I bought it, owner said they were recently new plugs. And for somereason I thought plugs were on a like a 25k to 50k life span. So Im due.

I got my plugs, cars cooling, going to install the things afterwork before I drive to far, hoping all works out!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I have read it said 10-15k, unless you got some upgraded ones, and Im pretty sure like the rest of my car was when I got it, its bare stock plugs and I know I havnt changed in a year/10k miles. Dont have my book with me to take a look thought.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New plugs are in, Car is not only running great, it is a big improvement from where it was when I got it. Those plugs have been in there a very long time.

The gap on the old plugs was at like 75-80, where ours should be like 55-65, crazy!

So happy again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts