Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the easiest way to check for loose plugs other than to take everything apart. Can you push on coil paks or anything like that

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Listen for what sounds like an exhaust look...pull the coils ...use a extension and plug socket and see if you can run any out by hand

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found two loose plugs on p/s head. Just retightened them, is that ok? Still have one more to get to under throttle body. Hoping I can just disconnect the fuel line right there and squeeze out coil pak to check that last plug. How often do I need to check plugs? and what can I do to stop them from loosening? I am running kb supercharger with 9lbs of boost and I am def not easy on car

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I didn't have to disconnect my fuel line to get to mine...I did when I had to drill mine out

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The coil pack? Yea...its a lil bit of a pain...and if the boot sticks take some pliers or vise grips and put the bottom jaw in the boot and twist it out

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the coil pack. I will try tomorrow and see if i can get it out. I was going to blow it off but if the two on both sides of it were loose it is a strong possibility that one is too. Weird how all the others were tight

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Found two loose plugs on p/s head. Just retightened them, is that ok? Still have one more to get to under throttle body. Hoping I can just disconnect the fuel line right there and squeeze out coil pak to check that last plug. How often do I need to check plugs? and what can I do to stop them from loosening? I am running kb supercharger with 9lbs of boost and I am def not easy on car
Use a 1/4" drive torque wrench, and torque them to 11-13 inch-pounds...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts