Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just got my 92 gt and i was cleaning the interior when I came across blaupunkt door speakers and tweeters in the dash. Did tweeters come in dash stock? For some reason the driver door and tweeter don't work. I checked the wiring behind the deck and it all seemed connected and everything. Any thoughts on what it could be?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Far as I know they didn't come with any speakers up there. Is there a tweeter on the door speaker as well or is it just a mid driver? If there's no tweeter on the door speaker, then you most likely have a component set and there's a separate crossover somewhere, either in the door, or in the driver kick panel area.. Easy way to tell if a speaker is good is to meter it. Generally you're looking for 4 ohms. Way above or an open load (OL on the meter screen) means the speaker is bad.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah it was prob a 3.5 speaker, but the prev owner put these brackets that hold a tweeter in there. Mounts pretty good too.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Yes they have the 3.5" speakers in the dash, They suck and most people disconnect them when installing an after market stereo system

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
prob why the prev owner put a tweeter instead.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Interesting. Every mustang I've ever worked on stereo wise, and it's got to be over 10 now, had no speakers in that dash location. I always wondered why they would put a spot there with wires and everything, and never install them in any of the cars. Must have been blind luck that every one I worked on had the speakers removed prior.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I've only had two that had speakers there factory. I just parallel the dash and the front doors together. I'm sure that messes with the ohms, but it's never burned anything out. The ones that have the speakers up there are the ones that have the amp under the passanger seat for the 'premium' sound package, from what I've gathered.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
You're just at 2 ohms per channel that way. Most decks can handle 2 ohm stereo even though some companies tell you not to run it like that. I've done that plenty of times and only had a deck overheat a couple times. Never seen the amp under the seat on these either, but then again that apparently don't mean ****, lol. I've seen that amp behind the radio. Mine had that and a few others I've seen too. Either way, good to know they were optioned like that.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Interesting. Every mustang I've ever worked on stereo wise, and it's got to be over 10 now, had no speakers in that dash location. I always wondered why they would put a spot there with wires and everything, and never install them in any of the cars. Must have been blind luck that every one I worked on had the speakers removed prior.
my 91gt had them, but i pulled them out

I have Boston acoustic separated up front some pioneers in the back, JL audio 10" subs in a sealed box (i like double base), keenwood excelon CD player, (forget what model),alpine 2 channel amp for the subs and a pos Sony explode 4 channel for all the doors. Only cuz my other alpine amp got ripped a few years back, but i got to say that is bumps. One of these days ill replace those pioneer speakers and upgrade one of the amps

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Good lord, can you hear me now??? I quit with the stereo **** years ago. Though my buddy who works for a stereo shop still jams away and he's almost my age. Not to mention the fact that he can only hear from one ear since birth. His cars are always loud as **** with bass that will make your hair on your neck tickle and your nose itch.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Good lord, can you hear me now??? I quit with the stereo **** years ago. Though my buddy who works for a stereo shop still jams away and he's almost my age. Not to mention the fact that he can only hear from one ear since birth. His cars are always loud as **** with bass that will make your hair on your neck tickle and your nose itch.
Since its not my DD i only get to crank it when my sons not in the car,so ya i can still hear. But don't tell my wife that, cuz i just try to ignore her, and when she ask, " Why did you do that, i told you not to" i just say " WHAT i cant hear you, the stereo was really loud" Lmfao;)

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I don't know how he's still doing that. I finally got out after 11 yrs just before the snow flew this winter and I was at about wits end with that crap. I could only stand bass enough to tune a car for about 2 minutes and then I was done after I would put a system in. I had a car at one point when I was younger that I put a wall in behind the front seats and had 6 12's in there and 3 2000 watt amps. It moved so much air that with the windows down the doors would flex and it would blow a breeze out of the window gaskets. People every where would give me the look of death when I drove that through residential neighborhoods, lol.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Hahahaha, nice. Back in high school, he had an extended cab s10 with 2 12's and 2 10's in it that would flex the windshield a good 1/4 inch, either at the glass or the seal, not sure which. You could see it looking across the glass horizontally. He figured he blow the windshield out, but it never happened.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I installed all my stuff back when i was like 23 or so then a few years later some one broke my drivers window and stole my keenwood 10s mtx 2 channel amp and and alpine 4 channel amp and deck. And i went with out until about two years ago. My little brother had his old system just sitting in his 94 T bird that he no longer drove and said i could have every thing but is cd player. So i bought a new deck off ebay for $120 and the rest was free other then about $150 bucks on speaker wire and rca cables.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Hah, the stupid **** we do when we're young... although I'll probably be feeling the same about my fox when I'm 60 and living under a bridge in a box, wishing I didn't spend 90% of my paycheck on it when I was younger.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Hah, the stupid **** we do when we're young... although I'll probably be feeling the same about my fox when I'm 60 and living under a bridge in a box, wishing I didn't spend 90% of my paycheck on it when I was younger.
Oh i hear ya:D

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah all i want to do to this car is have some nice mid/highs and one 10" sub for the bass. Im done with the loud freakin stereos that hurt your ears.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
That's where it's at. Just something crisp with enough bass to fill in the low end and give it a rich sound. Not rattle your skull and the next 5 cars ahead of you too.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts