Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 96 cobra a few weeks ago and since I got it I notice that the speakers/radio cut in and out randomly. Well today going to work I turned the volume up really loud to see if it would do it more/less, well now the speakers don't work at all. :facepalm: It seems like they are on because I can hear like a faint fuzziness from them. What could it be? Radio or speaker ?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its all stock. I was thinking that too. Anyway to test any of these to figure it out?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Are they all buzzing, front and rear? Check the wiring at the head unit, amp, and speakers. Maybe its a loose connection, or a bad ground.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its not a buzzing the only way I can describe it as a very faint fuzziness. It only sounds like its coming from the back. But after yesterday it won't play sound at all now.

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
If i were you, I'd start with a new deck and new speakers. One of the best things i ever did to my car. Now i can listen to music like its from 2012, not 1996.

·
Registered
154 Posts
just try pullin out the radio and check all your connections. its not the speakers because they wouldnt all go out at once. and if they are all hooked up correctly to the amps then it could be the antenna.. have you tried playing a cd?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, it doesn't work at all now. I check the wires in the back of the radio and it all seemed to be connected. I don't know what else it could be.

·
Registered
154 Posts
only thing i can think of is amps and connections.. try unplugging the back to amps in the trunk.. idk man :/

·
Registered
808 Posts
My 02 factory radio was cutting in and out and bass cut out all the time. I have put up with it for over a year but now the CD player/changer as just completely quit. So , guess its time to do something custom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts