Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the carpeted piece above the rear speakers? I got the piece behind the rear seat off but the carpet has those like little tabs. How do I get that off without breaking anything?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
you mean the carpeted piece with the holes in it for you speakers right??? its like cardboard so ya gotta be very gentle. but i slipped mine out from the plastic pieces on both sides its shoved under and pulled it out. just be gentle when wiggling it back under the plastic pieces.

PS DO NOT listen to anyone if they tell you to use some crazy long extension to get the bolts for the speaker tray out.... i listened to one of the "thinkers" here and was on my back in my trunk for like 20 minutes till i realized to do it from the top

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you get the bolts out that hold down the carpet. And yes that's exactly the piece I'm talking about.

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
i never had any trouble with mine but it must have been broke cause i remember i just took it off

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really lol? Mine are being a pain in the ass, I left it until I got some answers so I would make sure I didn't break it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts