Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im having to get my tranny rebuilt and while Im at it Im going to replace the clutch. No point in not doing it at almost 54k miles...

So my question is what do you guys think of Spec clutches?

Pros, cons, bad reviews, anyhitng?

Ive seen mainly spec clutches, but see centerforce(sp?) around. Im just looking for some opinions.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a SPEC Stage 1 clutch in mine and i like it. It hooks up nice and has a fairly stock feel to it. It chattered for about 700 miles after it was installed which i didn't like but that may have been the shops fault...either way i recommend it

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i loved my spec. i just bought one thats was way too much for my car. i highly recommend them.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sweet sounds like spec is a nice reputable brand.

buying spec stage 1 clutch kit now.

wait... is AM the best price? ive also been hearing some bad things about AM...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
am is a great place man.. and i think im the only one that hates my clutch.. i have the spec stage 1 and i really freaking hate it.. even after the steeda clutch quad adjuster it still blows it just grabs way to fast its really hard to feather it. may just be me but i wish i would have just went back with a stock clutch

·
Registered
57 Posts
i bought mine from AM along with the steeda quad and adjuster (installed today) and i love it. I have ordered from AM 3 times in the last 6 months and i have had no problems...go with them

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
i bought mine from AM along with the steeda quad and adjuster (installed today) and i love it. I have ordered from AM 3 times in the last 6 months and i have had no problems...go with them
state 1 for the t45 must be diffrent from the 3650? cause i swear i hate mine and no one can drive my car with out stalling it out atleast twice

·
Registered
57 Posts
state 1 for the t45 must be diffrent from the 3650? cause i swear i hate mine and no one can drive my car with out stalling it out atleast twice
Actually now that i think of it, i have a mustang car club here and there is another guy with a 2000 GT and has the Spec Stage 1 and loves it and then there is a guy with a 2004 GT with the Stage 1 and doens't like it. I tried driving it and stalled it a few times myself..maybe there is a difference

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Actually now that i think of it, i have a mustang car club here and there is another guy with a 2000 GT and has the Spec Stage 1 and loves it and then there is a guy with a 2004 GT with the Stage 1 and doens't like it. I tried driving it and stalled it a few times myself..maybe there is a difference
we have a 11inch clutch vs your 10.5

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i have an '02 with the t3650... I dont want to buy this thing and be regretting it in no time ya know? Im about to buy ing a clutch and tranny rebuild and after that im just gonna get an o/r X and be done with it. Im done trying to get the money for longtubes, but then to only have somehting break...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
well i have an '02 with the t3650... I dont want to buy this thing and be regretting it in no time ya know? Im about to buy ing a clutch and tranny rebuild and after that im just gonna get an o/r X and be done with it. Im done trying to get the money for longtubes, but then to only have somehting break...
check out the ram clutches i talked with another guy in the same boat as you and thats the way he went and loves it.. this will be my next clutch

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no you just don't dump the clutch and do burn outs/launchs and dont ride the piss out of it and no power shifting
ohh LOL

I barely do any of that as it is...

only time i powershift is when im just ****in around out in the country, which has only been twice now, and ive only done 2 burnouts. the last one was fun lol

thanks for the help man. rep points!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts