Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about ordering a spec stage 2 clutch for my 1997 mustang gt. What do you guys think? Good idea or not? What is the feel of the clutch like?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i dont like the stage 2, i put it in and i dont like the feel, clutch feels soft and not that responsive, this was on my 94 v6 however, it was rated for 390 lbs, i upgraded later on but i didnt really like the stage 2, i bought the stage 2 clutch kit, clutch felt softer then stock, and it didnt seem to come out as fast, i say go for a pucked clutch, alot nastier feel, if you drive in traffic alot thu, and you dont want a stiff pedal that shoots out, its a good clutch thats a improvment over stock, i just like a aggresive clutch

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
^^ i like an aggressive clutch to..i have a zoom..my dad got a deal on it thats why...its grabs right off the floor prety hard i like it...

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
definelty more aggressive than stock. it just grabs when you shift unlike the stocker that eases into it and the pedel feel is stiffer aswell. i really like everything about mine over the stocker. with a mild modded car like ours its really kinda overkill but its fun as hell. i would probably been happy with a stage one but my cars not a DD so thats why i got the stage 2.

·
Registered
205 Posts
the spec is nice my friend has one in his car but if i have to do my cluch again i am going to get a centerforce

·
Registered
189 Posts
Be advised...if you upgrade your clutch you should think about changing to an adjustable clutch cable and changing the quadrant to an aluminum one, not stock stuff... I have a Spec Stage 2 and like it, but the cable and quadrant are stock and I now have the pulsating clutch pedal unless I rest my foot on it. Apparently the heavier pressure plate causes stress on the stock cable and quadrant that they are not rated to live up to. Get a good throw out bearing too. Good luck. King Cobra Clutches are supposed to be good as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts