Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my speed cal doesn't have the little red LED light lighting up when driving. It has power, and the fuse for the Cig lighter isn't bad. I just replaced the Speedo gear, because my speedo was notchy and not smooth. Well now the speedometer doesn't work. I noticed while going down my street, I pulled it back up the street, and took another car. Since it has snowed, I have not driven it. Do you think that its possible that the Speedo Gear isn't completely in the tranny? Any other thoughts?

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
is it the stock speedo gear, or the one meant for 4.10s?

·
Registered
915 Posts
You shouldn't even need the speedcal, just put the different gear on your VSS and call it done, that what I did, now im only 2 mph off instead of 18 off

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ugh considering the 3.55 3.73 and 4.10 gear ratios are all under than gear, i would rather use my speed cal. Its worked flawlessly since June.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Oh, well there's always Nascar.........watch the tach baby. I did that for a while, anyway good luck with your Speedcal man

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Did you check the wire going to the cig lighter ?

Also check the fuse under the hood.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
when you disconnect it does the speedo work again? Sounds pretty easy to me. If it does work you have a bad product. Why not just run a fused wire straight to the battery.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts