Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put some 3.73's in and now the speedo is about 10mph off, what do i need to do to fix that?

·
Registered
437 Posts
You'll have to get another gear to go on the transmission end of the speedo cable, cheap and not hard to do.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
this is for a 5 speed with 3.73's

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its a manual 5 speed, ok so were is this supposed to go? inside the tranny? or is it at the rear of the tranny were the drive shaft slides in?

·
Registered
371 Posts
shurb125 says end of the speedo cable sorry im no help havent put one in before

·
Registered
437 Posts
its a manual 5 speed, ok so were is this supposed to go? inside the tranny? or is it at the rear of the tranny were the drive shaft slides in?
It's on the drivers side of the tranny about in the middle, just look for the speedo cable you can't miss it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
does it go onto the line or inside the tranny?
Once you find where the cable goes into the trans you will see a 10mm bolt that holds a clip to hold the speedo cable in, take off that clip and pull out the cable you will see the gear on the end of the speedo cable that you are going to change. Take off the c-clip that holds the gear on and put your new gear on and put the c-clip back on and do reverse to reinstall the cable.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Actually for 3.73s to be accurate you have to get a new gear to go inside the t5 as well. The closest speedo gear you can get for the stock t5 is for 3:55s.

or at least I don't think you can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts