Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres another bug I need to figure out. Just got done with my v6 to 4.6 dohc swap w. t-45, and took it for a test drive today and noticed the speedometer and of course the odometer isnt working. anyone had a problem with this before? Im hoping its just the spped sensor. But im just wondering if it could be something else. The check engine light came on after awhile so I put my tuner on it and it couldnt see any codes? so i clicked the clear button and then the light went off, but i know its probably going to come back on since the speedo isnt working. just looking for some opinions from others that had this problem before. also, all other guages are working properly. Tach, temp ect.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
thats what i would start with, since thats where the signal comes from.

What all did you swap, any harness or dash cluster?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its pretty cheap, i just want to see what else would cause this besides the speed sensor on the tail shaft of the tranny

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
ok then, make sure the sensor is plugged in and if so replace it

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thats where ill start, looks like ill have to wait for it in the mail. My local parts store are out of stock/dont carry it.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
honestly dont know, but if i had to guess id say yes, that would put like 8 extra fuses they would have to fit in to the box

1 - 9 of 9 Posts