Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, it was a nice day today so I went out and did some cleanup and replaced my horribly sandblasted fog lights with new ones.

After I was done, I just took another peek under the hood and decided to take off the IAC and spray it out with some TB cleaner. I had a little more time, so I decided to turn some wrenches for a little while longer.

Now my car had idled just fine before(or so I thought), but now it is an absolute dead stable 700 rpm now. Before it wandered a bit between 700 and 900 rpm, but now it just stays right there and won't budge off that nice steady idle.

Its amazing what 5 or 10 minutes and spray cleaner will do!
...Especially when you remember to plug everything back in... so it will stay running... and no dash warning lights will come on... and you won't have to unplug your battery to clear the error... along with having to reset your clock, and all your radio presets... etc... So it was more like 20 minutes instead. lol :banghead

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just undid the side bolts and the bottom bolts so I could get underneath the bumper cover. It wasn't bad once I had a plan. Still a bit of a PITA though

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
How bad is it to change the fogs when you are not doing the entire bracket and just the lenses from somewhere like American muscle? I wan't to put the smoked ones on to match my new head lights :)

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I think you have to buy the whole bracket and lens. I don't think you can buy just the lens because i would of done that. But i bought my Clear Fogs from Ebay for 40.00 bucks and i love them. I dont see the point in paying 80.00 at AM.

Sinister stop lying , the fogs are that bad! lol, but i'm also retarded though, sooooooo

·
Registered
485 Posts
haha guys u make it too hard on yourselves.. buy whatever the kit is, i would go ebay its 60 bux with shipping... then installs about... hmm 15 mins... start by taking out the fog bulb, then go to the front of the bumper/light. if you look you see the screw with the spring that adjusts the leveling of the light. take that out. then stick a screwdriver into one of the sides of the lens and pop it out. the lens is held in by two pegs on each side. it takes a lil bit of muscle but not much. im sure you guys can do it. then slide the new lens in until it clicks into the holes, replace the spring and screw, and put your bulbs back in. tadaaa lol my friend tried changing his for like 45 mins, i came and finished in like 20 haha with ghetto rigging some stuff but thats another story

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That works... If your assembly isn't already broken.

The previous owner hit a fox and obliterated the drivers side fog light assembly(not just the sandblasted lenses). So I had some other issues to deal with. Once I figured out how the bumper cover mounting worked, it wasn't hard at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I put in a restrictor plate on teh IAC with a 3/16 hole today. Wow what a nice difference in how the car drops the RPMs between shifts.

I'm not sure I like all the gurgling and popping its doing now though. Does anyone know for sure if these sounds are bad for anything over time? You know... valves or other damage? I'd rather be annoyed at a hanging idle than suffer a big repair bill down the road.

·
Registered
485 Posts
is the IAC the thing thats connected to your plenum? two screws and the assembly looks like a diamond almost with a tube coming in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts