Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help, well at the track on friday i broke my rear end, the spider gear like striped, the edges on the gear are all chewed up and the car wont move because of it, The car hooked real hard at 3000 rpm with drag radials and i guess it flexed too much and skipped teeth and messed them up. Where can I get one of these, Can i get a aftermarket better one so I dont have to worry about this anymore..Thanks guys Its the gear on the bottom, turns the 2 axles i believe

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
bubble gum will fix er right up. Gorilla Glue at most!

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill try it

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
you would dumbass! Remember dont suffocate in them things.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill try, its hard not to bro!!! they be slappin me and ****, rub burn ya know, you know anyone with a rear cobra bumper forsale dude?? maybe around your area and you can paint it for me and send me it :)

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
no cause if i did i would snatch it up and fill in the "cobra".

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its actually embossed so no filling just shaving :) :)

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
embossed? what the **** is that? lol. if im not mistaken, its just like the "mustang" in our bumpers. Would have to be wiped with bondo smooth to fill in the cobra. Check the pics out of sweet2kstang's.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told that it stuck out, thats what embossed means lol.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Word, i was lied to lol

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
easy fellas :D. back on topic, my buddy went thru 4 set's (all used) this year till he decided to go with a detroit locker & he spent most of the summer looking for upgraded one's with no luck. he even broke the center pin at columbus when they went the last time. if it help's alot of his problem's were clutch related (as in the diff clutches) every time he broke a spider gear the clutches were shredded on that side (he's wheel's up 1.5 60's though & alway's break's them on the launch)

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont know much about rear ends but my dad knows most of it, so if i get another stock one and put it in and a detroit locker then it shouldnt break?? Or is the detroit locker this part

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
you may be fine with a diffrent set of spider gears, his car leaves very hard ('84 capri, 2.3 4cyl. turbo, 20lbs. boost, leaving on a 6k sidestep) he's the only one I've seen lately break one (but there's only 2 stick guy's who regularly run at our track for the most part, so that might explain it :D). a detroit locker is a whole diffrent story though, it a complete new differential (along with setting up the gears all over again/etc), but well worth it, as a general rule, none of us on here has the power to break one.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol im not re doing the gears and all that, ill just throw a new spider in it for now, wont be back at the track for a while, im going to street race lol

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
just make shure to clean everthing well & don't forget to check the clutches. you should be fine on the street untill you decide to upgrade.

Reactions: bandity2k00

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya I will, What do you think about upgrading the differntial cover also?? Heard they can stop flex?? Im sure im not flexing the housing, I guess its the axles flexing and messing it up, reps though

Reactions: casper gt

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
a diff. girdle is a very good/cheap idea, as is anything else that'll strenghten up the housing. your on the right track, upgrade as you can & have some fun along the way. good luck & glad to help. some rep for you too :yes

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can i buy these new from ford???

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
bandit, just face it! you broke the spider gear now you just need to scrap your car and go back to your v6!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts