Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a newbie question, but I'm new to the 5.0's, I have a 89 GT Hatch, and I was just skimming through some articles earlier, and I've read something about a 5 lug conversion, using the 04 mustang spindles? I would just like to hear what you guys have to say and some information on that. Another thing, instead of making a million threads, I have some quick questions, My car has 163xxx miles on it, and it has some blow by, I'm guessing the piston ring in cylinder 2 is shot, because that spark plug fouls out pretty quick, and it only blows smoke on the driver side. Grant it I bought the car for 1500$, What all should I expect to be replaced when I rebuild this? Is there any aftermarket parts that'll add extra horsepower, that run around the same price as OEM? Would I be better off sending my heads off to be re-worked, (new guides, springs..the works) or would I just be better off buying a new set? And I was wondering on how much does it usually run ( just a avg/estimate of course), to get your block baked/boiled(cleaned)? And any other useful advice would be awesome, thanks a bunch.
-Tanner

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I think you want spindels off of a 94-95

I could be wrong though

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Use only 94 or 95 v6/gt/cobra spindles... those are the only ones that kept the same track width as our cars. Anything newer then that and it'll push the wheels out of the fender more and more as you go up in year which is why you see people selling 96 spindles for like $60 then see people selling 94 or 95 spindles for $150 and up.

Rebuilding is the time to upgrade **** but internally I wouldn't bother upgrading dick.. foxes of your year had forged pistons and the block will split at the 400 to 500 hp range so no sense in spending tons of money on forged rods and **** if the block will split anyways so get the minimum you need and upgrade your headers, upper/lower intake manifold and **** while your doing this.. could you use explorer intake/heads which is a decent power increase for real cheap or spend $600 to $1200 for good heads and another $250 or so for a cobra or better intake.. it all has to do with the size of your pocket book and how high your willing to hike your skirt up :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts