Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading about what mods to do on my 96 Mustang V6. At first I read on the split port swap. Seems like a great way for a power increase. Then I read about the Windstar upper intake swap.

1)Does that mean I can't use the upper intake off a 99+Stang or 97+F150 if I use the Windstar Upper Intake?

2)Then I ran into the M112 S/C adapter plate at SuperSix. Does that mean I can't use the upper intake and must use the adapter instead?

According to what I've read if I swap the lower intake to a 99+Stang/97+F150 then I can use the m112 adapter to install the super charger?

I am really confused I don't want to purchase unnecessary stuff.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
search up everything you need to do a splitport swap. instead of installing the upper intake, you install the m112 supercharger adaptor or the windstar.

it might be cheaper just to keep your singleport and install a m90.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
As walt pointed out you either do the windstar or the m112 as for the supercharger replaces the upper intake and sits on top of the lower intake....also idk about the m90 but the m112 for sure DOES NOT fit under stock hood

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot I wasn't sure. Well I'm heading to Harry's U Pull It on Sunday hopefully I'll find either a 99+Stang or 97+F150 to get the lower intake and will start searching for a Ford Lightning MAF to start piecing the parts together.

·
Registered
928 Posts
i have a complete split port swap in my basement and a few extra pieces if you cant find them

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Hey guys (not being a smart ass) but to protect your self from the moderators private message each other

Also good luck with it
Remember you will need a new hood
Hand tuner and possibly dyno tuned
Youl will need more than a 99-04 lower u'd need 99-04 cly head also

My only other option is do what me and my dad r doing to my old sixer
Buy a complete 99-04 v6 engine thts been pulled from a recked stang off of ebay motors (the engine we have works fine and only cost us....well my dad 500.00

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the heads up on PMing, also I know I need the head my intial question was about the upper intake.

·
Registered
461 Posts
So the M112 does not fit under a stock hood or does it matter the year?

Does the M112 fit under a GT hood I have one in the storage unit that needs painted.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
So the M112 does not fit under a stock hood or does it matter the year?

Does the M112 fit under a GT hood I have one in the storage unit that needs painted.
No and No, you still have to do some cutting.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
U can be a b.a and cut it and let some of it show threw thw hood and looks somewat cool or get a crowl hood.....but idk if you'll need a 2" or 3" crowl hood

·
Registered
461 Posts
with the M112 you need bigger Fuel injectors, I think they said 39lbs. As well as a new pump and rails to supply the bigger injectors. Then the block needs a new belt, and possibly a new pulley on the SC to change the psi. Also the M112 needs (if it doesn't come with it) a new throttle body (stock TB is to small to supply the SC)

I saw a write up somewhere on what all was needed to do the swap. I think it was on ssms

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/pdf/SSM2010catrev1IntakeManifolds.pdf

It also includes a list of what else is needed:

1. Is this a complete kit? No, just the adapter
2. What else is needed? M-112 supercharger, inlet plenum, throttle body, throttle cable, cold air induction, MAF meter, air filter, #39 injectors, 255 lph fuel pump, water/methanol injection kit (recommended).
3. Where do I get this stuff? This stuff is often for sale on the internet, here’s a couple of sources: The Corral, SVT Owners Association - What's Happening at SVTOA, e-bay, Craigslist, Race, performance & street cars, engines, engine parts, trailers for sale, etc.
4. How much power? 100 HP/TQ on a stock engine, use of our ported lower intake is recommend for best performance.
5. Will it harm my engine? Yes it can, just like any other power adder, tuning is the key. We recommend VMP Tuning Inc

I also suggest forged internals if you are going the SC route. Better to be safe than sorry.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
U can be a b.a and cut it and let some of it show threw thw hood and looks somewat cool or get a crowl hood.....but idk if you'll need a 2" or 3" crowl hood
Also I heard of bigger fuel injectors ? Is tht needed or did ppl just do it for more gains
cowl is the word, and you need injectors, its not a "done for gain" type thing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts