Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
MM's Amazon Man
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on removing my spoiler some time within the next few weeks. I really like the smooth, clean look such as the bullit, and a few other gt's with deletes. Any suggestions/advice before i start rippin everything off? So far i plan on following something like this...
. Seems to be the most clean finish i've seen.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
I'm going to be doing that too here soon hopefully. I just need to find those plugs or whatever that he's using.

·
MM's Amazon Man
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to be doing that too here soon hopefully. I just need to find those plugs or whatever that he's using.
Yeah i think that will be the hardest part. I've got my touchup paint ready. I think i'm just going to try the nearest home depot/lowes to see if they would have any.

·
MM's Amazon Man
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, please post pictures when yours is finished. I'm interested to see how it turns out. I'll try to do the same.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought my plugs at Home Depot. Called wall plugs where I'm from and cost me like 2 bucks for all 4.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i bought nylon plugs from lowes, no more than 5 bucks. I get lots of good compliments for going spoiler-less!!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Like everyone else said you can get them at lowes or home depot but just watch for the size. I bought some and then I found out that some of the holes where bigger than others. I dont know what the last guy did but I think it was like that from the factory. It wasnt just a little difference either. A plug that worked for one hole went all the way through another hole.

·
MM's Amazon Man
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, all your cars look great without the spoiler! Makes me even more pumped to remove mine. I just need to pick up the plugs first. I'm guessing mine will look similar to a Bullit because of the "similar" paint, although mine is a little brighter.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
love the look, but dammit when i took off my wing the paint under it looked like poop lol.

·
MM's Amazon Man
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunate news. I attempted my spoiler delete today. Once it was removed i noticed that all the paint under the spoiler base on each side was bubbled/peeling off. It would require a decent amount of sanding and paint work, something i'm not willing to do atm. So for now i've decided to reattach the spoiler. Gotta say it was a sad moment...

·
MM's Amazon Man
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah that would def be a nice alternative. i'm trying to go with some black accents on my car and that would def look pretty good. i just bought my blacked out taillight covers today and soon will be ordering headlight covers and a black fuel door.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
you could use vht nightshade instead of covers, most who use it love it, also i'd buy new black housing smoked headlights opposed to getting headlight covers for your stock? headlights

i got my pair for less than $90 shipped from amazon.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
What size plugs do i need? i think im going to go to lowes this weekend and pic some up

·
MM's Amazon Man
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
watch the video i posted, i'm pretty sure he says the sizes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts