Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to remove the spoiler on my 99 gt.

does that mean i need to purchase a new trunk lid thats not drilled?

:dunno

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
there should be 2 bolts and a plug on each side of the spoiler from underneath. just unbolt and pop the spoiler out. then you need to plug the holes. some body filler would do the trick, but then you need to paint your decklid. you dont have to buy a new one because filling the holes and painting is cheaper. you could also just get some rubber plugs to stick in the holes.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm iffy on the whole no spoiler situation. My buddy has a 00 GT w/ the same spoiler and all he did was move it twards the end of the trunk lid 2-3" so it hung over the end of the trunk more and it looks bad ass! And I'm not a big fan of those style spoilers either. Keep the spoiler on, w/o it the car looks like it's missing somthing...

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
i puller my wing off! it wa preety simple. ive got the holes plugged right now and i am waiting for a while to get holes filled and painted but i think it looks better thatn with it. im not a big fan of spoilers. but anyways whatever you decided to do im sure it will look great!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
drgnracin72 said:
i puller my wing off! it wa preety simple. ive got the holes plugged right now and i am waiting for a while to get holes filled and painted but i think it looks better thatn with it. im not a big fan of spoilers. but anyways whatever you decided to do im sure it will look great!
same here :pimp

and thanks to all who replied ( so damn fast :award )

·
Registered
309 Posts
G/L w/ w/e you do too! The car doesn't look bad w/o the spoiler, but to me it looks like it's missing somthing. But w/e you do it'll look great :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts