Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to take my rear spoiler off. Right now i have a blck one it looks nice butt i have seen a couple without it and im starting to like it more and more. does any one know how to take it off? and will it leave any holes? pics would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
pop the trunk n ull see 4 black caps..remove them and the bolts are underneath

·
Registered
971 Posts
The only problem with doing this is the holes that are left are kinda big. Very hard too patch, someone brought the idea up to me to just look for a v6 trunk lid because they didnt come with spoilers.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are the holes big? and will water get in the trunk if i do remove the spoiler?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damit:( i relly like the way they look with out it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only problem with doing this is the holes that are left are kinda big. Very hard too patch, someone brought the idea up to me to just look for a v6 trunk lid because they didnt come with spoilers.
where can i get these trunk lid?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Im seeing if i can google it, do you have any junk yards close, may be able to find one. May get lucky and find the same color.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i really dont know. but im sure there is... i live in atl btw

·
Registered
971 Posts
CJ Pony Parts - Ford Mustang Parts had several for around $140, havent ever used them so not sure on quality or anything. The body shop I went to said they would do it for around 250 but since the holes were so big they wouldnt warranty the work.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do you like how it looks?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Didnt get it done for that reason, I was going to take all the badges off and everything but nothing comes out with out holes. Yes I think it looks amazing though, looks even better if you have some fat rear tires.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
u can plug ur hole to see if you are gonna like it before you buy a trucnk lid for it,go to ur local parts store an get some plastic or rubber thingy,if u like then get the lid

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i love how it looks as well and i wanna shave my emblems. and yea ill do that take it off and get some plastic.lol.. i guess if i like it i will wait for when i have enough money for it. i need a paint job anywyas, dam sun is killing her

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
the only thing about mine was,i guess where its an 00 model an seen alot of sun,when i took my spoiler off an plugged the holes i was out that night an notice in the light that the color was differ,the next day i got a cloce look an the color was faded so i had to put the wing back on,but it does look better without it

·
Registered
971 Posts
Ahh that sucks, gotta love what the sun does to red!!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dam that sucks ass. i hit a pole about 2 months ago and the insurance covered the samages but i only damaged one side. so now i have new paint on my drivers side and faded paint on my passangers

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
It would be better if they were right since plenty of v6's have spoilers stock, It was an option for all Mustangs to have one or not, except for the bullitt which doesn't come with one.

Look for a bullitt trunk lid or grab one off of a Mustang that didn't come with a spoiler.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts