Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran outside and removed the spoiler to snap a couple pics. Still not sure about how my car looks without one. It just looks like something is missing at the rear. So what do you guy's think? I'm gonna keep it off a while and see if my opinion changes.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
The way your car looks, IMHO, I would keep the spoiler on. IDK why, but like you said, it looks like something is missing. Might just be the angle of the pictures.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I have the black ring of death and bubbled paint anyways where the spoiler sits so it would most likely go back on regardless.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks real good that way!!! but if you think something is missing maybe you should look into getting some 03 / 04 Cobra or 01 Bullitt rocker panels? Then step back and look at it, its just an idea.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MEMZ are you the guy who used to have a 5.4 swapped into an SN95 mustang?

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks real good that way!!! but if you think something is missing maybe you should look into getting some 03 / 04 Cobra or 01 Bullitt rocker panels? Then step back and look at it, its just an idea.
Maybe so. I really want a cobra spoiler but when one comes up for sale its either outrageously priced or it sells to fast for me to get it on time.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
MEMZ are you the guy who used to have a 5.4 swapped into an SN95 mustang?
Nope, I just had a near stock 97 gt, I always had a couple parts lying around in the garage waiting to go on, but never found time to put them on. Got a chance to buy my current SS, so I sold the GT and bought this :tomato
I'll eventually buy another mustang, but it will be a new 5.0 sometime after I graduate and get some money flowing.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, I just had a near stock 97 gt, I always had a couple parts lying around in the garage waiting to go on, but never found time to put them on. Got a chance to buy my current SS, so I sold the GT and bought this :tomato
I'll eventually buy another mustang, but it will be a new 5.0 sometime after I graduate and get some money flowing.
Ok I knew the guy sold it and bought a camaro, just couldn't remember his screen name. Their is a nice red ws6 for sale close to me that I would like to have. The car is bone stock which is rare. I just don't have any reason to sell this car.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
If I had a new edge gt I probably wouldn't have sold it. But my 97 wasn't worth it. I spent too much money on visual appearance, instead of performance. I was young and naive lol.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I had a new edge gt I probably wouldn't have sold it. But my 97 wasn't worth it. I spent too much money on visual appearance, instead of performance. I was young and naive lol.
:lol My horsepower goal is only around 400rwhp so this car will do that anyway with a little money. Maybe in the future I will set my goal higher but not anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
If its your daily driver you don't really need much more than that lol. If its a weekend warrior then 1000+ or go home lol

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If its your daily driver you don't really need much more than that lol. If its a weekend warrior then 1000+ or go home lol
:lmao Its not a daily driver but I do wanna keep it a reliable street car that I could drive accross the country if I wanted too.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
im with you memz, spoiler ftmfw. :rockon
and dale, im also with you on the 400hp goal.
thats all i want too, but thats just so i cant blast past the goddamn vette's on the road course. :mad:
now suspension on the other hand, is a whole monster of its own. :eek:

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im with you memz, spoiler ftmfw. :rockon
and dale, im also with you on the 400hp goal.
thats all i want too, but thats just so i cant blast past the goddamn vette's on the road course. :mad:
now suspension on the other hand, is a whole monster of its own. :eek:
I have decided to build my suspension around the twisties also. I don't autocross or do any roadcoarse racing. I just don't want the crappy driving cause by a drag oriented suspension.

I think it looks better with the spoiler. Maybe an 03 Cobra spoiler. :drool
I agree. I put the spoiler back on.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
concur here too. I like mine..painting it matte black soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts