Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sick of the stock spoiler on my 03 GT. I like the 03 cobra spoilers but they are hard to find and the price is kinda steep for what it is to me. I was thinking I would just delete it and get some plugs but when I took off the stocker I was disappointed. I guess Ford was in a rush when the built my car and installed the spoiler before the deck lid paint was 100% dry. So I have rectangles dimpled into the paint around the mounting holes and some deep dings around the edge. Kinda had to explain but it is going to look bad even after a lot of detail work. So Im thinking maybe Ill do it proper and have a shop fill the holes and repaint it. And the last idea is to do all the shave work and maybe put a m3 lip on it painted. Im not sure if anyone has tried it or if its just too small for these cars. This is what im talking about. Anyone ever seen it or have a pic on a car? Anyone know what to expect to pay a shop for a delete?

Thanks
Google Image Result for http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/productImages/c593db00_2344.jpeg

Google Image Result for http://www.carshine.com.au/Pictures/BMW/BMW%20-%20E36%20Styling%20-%20M3%20Style%20Boot%20Lip%20Spoiler%20(E36-45823).jpg

·
Registered
119 Posts
M3 spoiler would be terrible. Our cars have very hard lines and a somewhat bulky look to them. That little spoiler would look very dinky and completely out of place. It's just waaaay to small, just notice all mustang spoilers are larger and chunkier, they match the body better that way.

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
Fill the holes and have it painted...it can be done for less than 300 dollars, not too bad

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
I love the termi spoiler. If I can find one that I can afford, I'd definitely get one... M3 is a no-no... Wingless looks good when your car is lowered with fat rear tires... And if you do go wingless... Make sure you can clean that trunklid REALLY good! I mean no ugly, nasty residue or marks or scratches from the base of the spoiler... It just look plain ugly.... or, you could go the extra mile and get the whole trunklid repainted with the holes filled...

Or you could go paint your stock wing black like mine. :cool:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah m3 is out. Just looks like a tooth pick on a table. I looked under my spoiler and it too rough to detail out. Looks like I'm going the fill and re paint rout. But I did find out that my school has a body program so I'm going to see if they can do it on the cheap for me. Kind a easy task and I would trust them with it. I'm doing this then making a big parts order for other cosmetic stuff. 8 )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts