Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a little in between which route i wanna go with a power adder.. any advice and help will be greatly appreciated. i know enough about both options but i just wanna hear what you guys have to say.. by boost im talking about a centri blower

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
its there all the time, less to pay attention to on the street, sweet noice.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
^^ im asuming hes talking about boost. and i agree. Depends what youy want to do. Short term spray is cheaper but in teh long term paying to fill bottles gets expensive. Its really all up to you. Opinions will be given but there is not one that is "better".

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
IMO spray is better for the track not the street

·
Registered
697 Posts
Boost + spray! lol

Boost ftw, it's nice having the boost available all the time. But their's nothing like the instant torque of nitrous.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
honestly man..for the street yet a turbo or kenne bell.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Both.

Power 24/7 fukkers!!!

:shiftyeyes

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
I have nitrous on my car and love it. Neither is better than the other. Just depends on what you prefer. You can get more horsepower per dollar from nitrous and unless you race at the track every weekend bottle fills aren't that expensive. I have had my kit for 6 months now and have only refilled my bottle 5 times at $36 a refill for a 10lb bottle. Now that its warm outside all I have to do is turn on the heater for a few minutes and its ready to go. Another bonus is you can install the 100 horsepower jets and not need a dyno tune unless the car has a good amount of mods that required a dyno tune already. A nitrous kit is easier to install and can be done in a few hours. Your fuel mileage doesn't change. Really the only negatives against nitrous I can come up with are getting the bottles refilled and having to warm up the bottle. I think nitrous is a great choice for a street car also. If you do go the nitrous route become good friends with the shop owner where you get the bottle refilled. The guy I use charges $4.00 a pound but now only charges me $3.60 a pound and doesn't charge me taxes either. Good luck with your decision. Either route will provide a fun outcome.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
I would say boost for a street mainly car i know nitrous is illegal to use onthe streets but no one cares about that. And the gas mileage really doesnt change when adding a blower it has the obviouspotential to drink more fuel with the injector and fuel pump upgrade and like someone else said its always there no on/off switch, refills etc.. just a hard mash of the throttle and its there. Imo a centri is fine for the streets I stay in vacum like 97% of the time im driving around unless I floor the crap out of it when im playing around.

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
I have nitrous to and its a keeper. a blower would be nice ya no to have all the power there all the time but just cost. nitrous is cheap and i dont use it much so its way cheaper. but if i was to ever get a blower id still spray it to...id build the motor first tho :p. Its all personal preference. only thing is people will jump on u for having a bottle cuz they cant beat you which makes it funner.

edit: I only pay $30 to fill my bottle and get free refills when i bring him customers :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
After going through a N/A setup, a nitrous setup and now a turbo, I can tell you with 100% certainty, you will regret doing any other setup than the boost route. Our cars love boost. They do not necessarily respond well to nitrous plus all of the issues with backfires, constant fill ups... not worth it in the long run.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
After going through a N/A setup, a nitrous setup and now a turbo, I can tell you with 100% certainty, you will regret doing any other setup than the boost route. Our cars love boost. They do not necessarily respond well to nitrous plus all of the issues with backfires, constant fill ups... not worth it in the long run.
My car and every other car I have seen on here running nitrous has responded perfectly fine. Just like running boost, if you try to be cheap or greedy its gonna bite you in the ass.

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
I have nitrous and it's great. I would much rather be boosted tho. If you can afford the blower go that route

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
PPL with nitrous are telling you to go that route ppl with blowers are saying go that route but post #11 and post #15 are kinda giving you the unbaised answer you need. One has been there and advising you to go the blower route and the other has nitrous right now and is advising a blower the opinions will go back and forth but take those two for what they are worth. im not discrediting/disrespecting anyone elses opinion though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts