Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started out on 75 shot, after I installed tr6 plugs it seemed to kinda have a hickup while idling but drove fine. Is this normal for colder plugs. Also took me forever to get the 91 octane tune down to 24 degrees. My parameters had to be set to like -15 to get to stock. Its slow as hell now on the street, should I put more back im it? Other than that the zex 75 shot felt good. my bottle pressure was at 950 would it be better at 1000?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I run almost the same set up as you do, Its 2 degrees retarted for 50 horse power so i have been told. I ran mine with a 75 shot with no timing taking out, now with a 125 shot i pulled 4 degrees out. I have the same plugs as you gapped at .38 . I also dont have any idle issues..with the plugs gapped at .38..

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
No issues with the colder plugs, when you spray it just return the tune to stock

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
general rule is -2 degrees for every 50 after 100 shot, not just -2 for every 50. 75 shot doesnt need any timing pulled at all.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled the timing from my 91 tune to get it down to stock

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its only hitting 24 at like 5800 rpms so im gonna add some spark to it. I still have a hiccup at idle so im gonna check the gaps again. Also do u reccomend ngk tr6 plugs or autolite 103s?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also, anyone spray in first? i have slicks so traction would not be a problem

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
At the track yeah on slicks, anything else besides a slick or equivalent no bc of wheel spin

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i used to spray in first a lot, as long as you atleast have a window switch it'll be fine. traction would be the next thing that would make it unwise to spray in first.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
I spray in first all the time. Not launching like im at a dragstrip though, just a roll from 5mph or so and my car hooks pretty good with the 315 555r's and the window switch set to activate at 3,200 rpms. When it does spin its not bad and usually hooks when I reach second gear. Running a cold fusion 100 shot kit.

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
i spray in first all the time as well, only from a roll though, otherwise the only place ill be going is sideways

i also have mine set to activate at 3200

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
I tried spraying in first one time on my 150 shot after 3000 rpms.

Not a good idea on 275 NT05Rs. Lost traction and shot to 7200 rpm before I could shift.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Mine is still set on a 75 shot and if I hit in first gear on a roll it spins the tires good with the Nitto NT05 but it stays straight.

From a dead stop launch at 1500 rpm and with the N2O hitting it at 3000 rpm it just burns the rubber off in first, so I have my traction control switch skipping first gear and that seems to work the best for me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sometimes I think its better to take it to a dyno shop and have them put a tune on the car. Its safer and they can read the computer and seeing what your car is doing different. but for 75 shot just colder plugs and run 93 in the car.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
My tuner set me up with a nitrous tune and all he did to it was remove 2 degrees from my 93 octane tune.

I use the SCT 4 bank chip with the switch, so switching tunes is quick and easy. I've ggot to go see him again as I want to change the jets and go with the 125 shot.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, i changed from tr-6s to autolite 103s with .35 gap and the car idles soooo much better. Also, i have the window switch shutting off at 5400 rpms should i let it go a little higher? 5600?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts