Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forums here.. [:
I'll start off by saying I have a 2007 v6 Grabber Orange Mustang. I've recently put on two 12" black leman stripes (design) and now I'd like to change up the rims..
I've got stock rims and I was wondering if spraypainting them would look better or worse than they are now.. Has anyone had success with this, or know someone who has? If anyone has some tips or suggesions it'd be greatly appreciated.

I wanted to upgrade to new rims (maybe 17 or 18") but I needed new tires to get through the winter and at that time I didn't have money for rims.. so i'm stuck with the 16".

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Everyone here is very informative and helpful, so you'll really like it.

In my opinion, the stock v6 rims aren't very appealing. I still have them, but if as long as you keep them extremely clean and shiny they look pretty good. PLEASE do not spraypaint them or paint them at all. It will destroy its resale value, but more importantly I think it will look like crap. Just keep em clean for now and save up for a wheel/tired combo.

If you don't already know about American Muscle, check it out. We all use it for parts and aftermarket equipment.

Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - yeah the rims are sticking out like a sore thumb..
I've got dark tint, black quarter window louvers, and black stripes..and then some ugly lookin' rims. Lol. Black rims would really complete the car for me, as my current ones are just out of place.

I have seen online that some people are really happy with their spraypainted rims, but I can see them chipping and of course, the resale value will be gone.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
Which wheels do you have the ugly weird ones or the bullitt style pony package wheels?
he has the old school 16's....

@the OP...just do it...high gloss black will make you smile...worse case senerio is that if you hate it you'll have the chance to replace the wheels with some nice 18's...at the minimum...hell up to 20's look tits on an s197

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Which kind is it? The ones that comes with those spinner blade looking thingies? I'm sorry I'm not so familiar with S197 wheels...

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I am with v6er, no offense but your not going to have much resale value anyways. I say paint them, either they look bad and you change them or they look good and you get tired of them and end up changing them anyways. Welcome to mm btw

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
he has the old school 16's....

@the OP...just do it...high gloss black will make you smile...worse case senerio is that if you hate it you'll have the chance to replace the wheels with some nice 18's...at the minimum...hell up to 20's look tits on an s197
This. Prep well, light coats, lots of sandpaper, all that good stuff and they should turn out decent. At least they'll match the color scheme until you can afford to get some really nice wheels. :yes

·
Registered
316 Posts
Those rims are pretty ugly man you can prob get the stock 17s with tires for around 500 and paint those black it would probably look better. But if you dont wanna spend alot of money deffinetely paint those things black especially with an orange car itll look better those wheels have a really low resale value anyway because nobody in their right mind wants them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha, thanks guys- & yeah they're terrible looking and that's why I thought changing the color might help a littlee

1 - 13 of 13 Posts