Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so i'm decided on the Eibach Sportlines for the springs but not sure whether to get the Tokicko HP shocks/struts or the Bilsteins. the Bilsteins are obviously more expensive but i need feedback on both and the pluses and minuses of non-adjustable Shock/Struts versus adjustables.

:eek: my g/f wanted me to put that there

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The real differance is that the Bilstein's a partially auto adjusting. You drive hard they react hard, you drive soft they react soft. This is great but Obviously its not the hadn on adjustable like the Tokico's are. If you get the Tokico's you can also get a remote adjust, meaning you can do it without having to get in to the wheel well. Its the nicest adjustable you can get. The negative is, that since its adjustable, it has the potential to break more. It most likely won't. Tokico are very well made shocks, but when you start getting to the limit of the Equipment, the Bilstein is going to last longer when driving it hard. But, in around the town driving, is going to be more harsh. In the end, its going to come down to this.
Bilstein - Tokico Adjustables
Road Course: Best - Really Good
Drag Strip: Good - Best
Street: Good - Really Good

I Personally Run Bilstein HD's. I Love them, but I'm running Race springs and heavy duty sway bars. I also baught them with the idea that I may convert to Coil Overs some day. Hope this helps. Let me know any more questions.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
That chart looks really screwy.
Bilstein are better on road course, But Tokico are better on Drag. Tokico are probably better on the street. But they both are going to be REALLY good at everything. Its just a question of wheather you want to be able to adjust or not. I figured I'd never adjust em so why worry about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts