Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So its that time of year again! Tax Return time! Except this year I have my Mustang to mod instead of a V6 Charger (Great car, loved it, but there were noooo aftermarket parts available for it)

I was thinking about spicing things up with a new stripe package, and I remembered my idea from last summer. Before I heard about the 2012 Boss, I was thinking about getting a reverse C-stripe for the car, along with a hood stripe, to kind of emulate the old boss stangs...obviously I'm not going to put Boss 302 anywhere on the car, because homie just don't play that way. My question is should I go with new dual 10'' stripes front to back and leave it like that, or should I get a hood stripe (open to suggestions for what kind...i.e. a stripe that covers just the hood, or one single stripe bumper to bumper) plus the reverse C-stripe? Oh and color wise I'm going with something close to Medium/Grabber Blue stripes on my Black paint.

Thanks for the input!

Nick

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Just do what ever you like, I am not a big sticker guy except on my tool box:D. What ever you go with you should consider having them painted on because stickers will fade and peal over time, it will oviously cost more money but when its done its done and it will look better as well.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
if you do choose to go with the 2 stripes all the way back i absolutely think 10" is to narrow. go wide or not at all. when i had vinyl stripes mine were 2 stripes each 14" wide.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just do what ever you like, I am not a big sticker guy except on my tool box:D. What ever you go with you should consider having them painted on because stickers will fade and peal over time, it will oviously cost more money but when its done its done and it will look better as well.
Trust me I would absolutely love to have them painted on, thats just a little too rich for my blood at the moment...my tax return is being split up between aesthetics and performance (obviously more money for performance :D ) so I'd rather just stick with vinyl's now, painted somewhere down the line

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you do choose to go with the 2 stripes all the way back i absolutely think 10" is to narrow. go wide or not at all. when i had vinyl stripes mine were 2 stripes each 14" wide.
I was thinking that myself earlier...I posted a thread in the visual section asking about 12'' stripes...those were the widest I found on the site I'm looking at (which has the perfect color I want) All I know is the ones on mine suck right now...ha! They are 8'' and they taper down to like 6'' on the trunk...I'm just not sure whether I want to do the two stripes or a single stripe with a reverse c-stripe on the side...both look soo good

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
i've always loved flat/satin black stripes on a black car. any stripe width would look awesome like that. a big fat 30" stripe, or two little 10" stripes would look bad ass in flat/satin.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sometimes like the look of the satin black but I really want to do a black/blue combo...Black on Black does look sex though.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
here are pics of my 14" stripes. they were custom cut. i chose the quality of the vinyl and the exact color i wanted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts