Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its my d/d and sees the 1/4 as much as possible.It has eibach sportlines & stock shocks/struts which suck at the track(too low for eeight transfer). I need new shocks/springs/struts.Whats a good street strip combo thats good for a d/d?Are those lakewood struts too much for a d/d?Eibach drag springs? Im also getting some lca's to help out too.I got about $1000 to use for this.I can install everything myself.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I just some boltons for power.Its a 5speed & it has 3.73's.Im goin n/a with it maybe cams later.I wanna get the suspension in order first.mMy best time was [email protected] know with better lca's, dr's and some decent springs&shocks it can do a whole lot better.I just need some ideas what other peoples setups are.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Strange adjustables are roughly the same price as the Lakewoods. I run Lakewood 90/10s on the front and Afco double adjustables outback. Nothing wrong with Lakewood, they're just not adjustable. Nothing wrong with Afcos if you don't mind dropping $700 for two shocks.

Lose the Eibachs and go back to stock springs, if you want it a tad lower cut a half coil at a time from the stockers 'til you get to the desired ride height.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
plus one on the stock springs. I took out my steedas and cut a coil off the stockers (not shown in my sig, ill post a pic if you want)

I have heard a lot about the strange struts, ill be getting them. stock rear shocks are good for the strip IIRC. You would be better off buying something else like FLSFCs than rear shocks.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok hows this sound?, keep the stock rear shocks,get some lakewoods for the front,70/30 or 90/10's?.Some j&m lca's from american muscle.Now where can I find stock springs,or something close to stock for street/strip?I already have the flsfc's,just waiting to install them,with everything else

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really wanna see what can do with a couple little tb/plenun,tuner,exhaust,gears,and a decent suspension.Later on down the line ill be going for cams,and f.i.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What a philly you froBigJim? Im near harbison&torresdale in frankford.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I really wanna see what can do with a couple little tb/plenun,tuner,exhaust,gears,and a decent suspension.Later on down the line ill be going for cams,and f.i.
Me and you have the same idea on what we wanna do on our cars lol

But I have steeda aluminum LCAs, I'd still recommend the strange 10way adjustable front struts. Yes, they are a little expensive, but it's cheaper to buy one expensive thing than to buy 2 cheap parts, when and if the first one breaks. (Not saying the LCAs and struts are cheap, but you get what you pay for IMO)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts
What a philly you froBigJim? Im near harbison&torresdale in frankford.
about 5 min from Steves prince of steaks on Comly.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah thats funny I work right around the corner bythe skate zone at decauter&darnell.My aunt lives over on normandy drive

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts
nice. Im right behind archbishop ryan HS.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was looking at a det of racestar's with dr's from a.m.Anyone running them?Are ok for dailydriving?.Do they actually save any weight ?lol

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I am not a expert on this by any means, but idk how those rims and tires would handle on the road. They aren't really meant for corners or dding I don't think.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts
If its your DD, I wouldn't run DRs all the time.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry about the spelling,big fingers & a little phone lol.No I wont run dr's year long.I know people are hate it but I love the anthricite deepdish bullitts.Since my car is silver,i dont wanna get black rims,i dont think it'll look good.Idk maybe some deep fr500's?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts