Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cant see the link while at work, whats the reason for the recall?
"Springfield Armory® is initiating this voluntary safety recall to upgrade 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols with new components, which eliminate the possibility of a potentially dangerous condition. We want to emphasize that no injuries have been reported to date.

Springfield has determined that under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once. The chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur."

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
Well that sucks. This is my only gun. Just watch, while it's away I'll actually need it. Sucks even more because I was about to buy a xdm 3.8 .40 when I got my xds. I hope it won't take more than a week or two to get it back. Sucks even more that I have to wait til Tuesday to ship it.

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
Sent mine in today. I watched the lady at Fedex literally throw my gun into a pile of packages. Good thing I newspapered and bubble wrapped it. I hope I get it back relatively soon, I feel like I just sent off my balls :(

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
I wish they'd just send me the parts to fix it. I really hate sending my gun off being it could get lost, stolen or damaged in shipping. :(

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Sent mine in today. I watched the lady at Fedex literally throw my gun into a pile of packages. Good thing I newspapered and bubble wrapped it. I hope I get it back relatively soon, I feel like I just sent off my balls :(
Did you have to tell them it was a gun?

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
I wish they'd just send me the parts to fix it. I really hate sending my gun off being it could get lost, stolen or damaged in shipping. :(
Same here, but I'm sure it's a legal thing. As in they can't guarantee you'll do it right.

Did you have to tell them it was a gun?
I just told the lady I already had a label and she was like, "Ok, here's your receipt and tracking number, you're all set!" I could've been like, "That's a $700 gun you just threw." But I packed it well enough to survive a nuclear explosion, I'm willing to bet she was "gentle" compared to what it will see during its journey anyway.

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
I just read on xd talk that a guy got an email from SA regarding turnaround time for the recall. Basically, SA said they won't even start modifying the guns till mid September. Honestly, my heart sank a bit. I was under the impression that SA was ready to tackle this mess when they issued the recall and they were going to start working on the guns as soon as they arrived and were processed. Really, really regret not getting a XDM .40C right now. I actually feel sick. This is my ONLY gun, and now I have to be without it for possibly months? I would rather they just keep the thing and send me a bi-tone XDM .40c 3.8, hell, I would gladly pay the difference in price between the two if they would actually do that. Would be nice if they at-least threw a extended mag in with our guns when they return them.

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
I just read on xd talk that a guy got an email from SA regarding turnaround time for the recall. Basically, SA said they won't even start modifying the guns till mid September. Honestly, my heart sank a bit. I was under the impression that SA was ready to tackle this mess when they issued the recall and they were going to start working on the guns as soon as they arrived and were processed. Really, really regret not getting a XDM .40C right now. I actually feel sick. This is my ONLY gun, and now I have to be without it for possibly months? I would rather they just keep the thing and send me a bi-tone XDM .40c 3.8, hell, I would gladly pay the difference in price between the two if they would actually do that. Would be nice if they at-least threw a extended mag in with our guns when they return them.
If that's true... OMG does that suck!

I haven't had time to send mine off yet. Glad I didn't. I'd rather my gun not be sitting in a pile on a pallet in their factory for months. I'll just wait until I hear people starting to get their fixed guns back before I send mine in.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Has anyone actually experienced any trouble that they are being recalled for. I have put over 2,000 rounds through mine without one problem, so I am thinking about not even sending it back.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts