Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to pick up some lowering springs for the Cobra. But I keep hearing that I will need new tie-rods because we have solid tie-rods. And I guess the Mach 1 and GTs have ones that are on a kind of ball joint??? Also, Even more people are telling me that I will have almost no traction because I will have very little weight transfer to handle my HP. Any thoughts?? I don't really think either of those are TOO true but I need someone to point me in the right direction. Oh, and I only want to drop in about 1" all around.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
it sounds liek youve been getting alot of BS.

you dont have solid tie rod ends, they're the same ones they use on the GT, and mach, if they were solid you would have bumpsteer like crazy.

get a set of H&R race springs, they ride nice, and give a nice drop as long as you dont use any ISO's, if you put the ISO's in there then they barely lower the car.

you will need a set of caster camber plates, and it would also be suggested to do a bump steer kit anyway.

the weight transfer is BS too, most aftermarket springs will transfer the weight the same, or better than stock.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
What are ISO's??

And how much are bump steer kits and are they hard to install??

I figured it was BS about that stuff but I always like some reassurance....lol
isolators, they're the little rubber things on the springs

bumpsteer kits are about $125, and no, they're eaiser than springs. get either UPR, and Maximum Motorsport. i haev UPR because they're blue, and its my favorite color, lol.

im also a big fan of most UPR stuff too.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've heard nothing but good things about their suspension parts and k-members. I'll look into it. And the stock CC plates on the car won't adjust enough to compensate??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts