Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short.....

Went auto x'ing, something started knocking. Diagnosed it, found out there was no oil in my car for some reason and I found brass in the old filter when i changed it. rod bearing.

So my friend has an '06 GT shortblock just sitting in his basement with 6,000 original miles on it. How much is it worth? he doesnt know....

My plan is to own the karate school i'm the head instructor at by the time i'm 21. i'm 18 now, and i've been saving 75% of all my checks since I was 15/16. I recently bought a 2002 audi A4 i'm happy with (love gas mileage from the 1.8t) and I want to fix and sell the mustang for as much as I can get that way I can put more away and buy a better car a few years down the road.

Thats my story, so how much is that shortblock worth? I plan on just swapping everything onto that and boltin her in!

thanks

Travis

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kk, i'll do as much research as I can. But if anyone wants to chime in and say something about the 2000 bottom end vs. the 2006 go right ahead :) Because as far as I know right now its just a direct bolt in.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
you'll be fine with the short block, however, depending on what part of the country your from, it may not be worth it. a very clean, low mile, excelent condition 2000 GT would go for about 8k around here, between the short block & the things you'll need to buy to do the swap, you may be better off selling it as-is.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right, i'm in MN. 70k mile clean GT will go for 8. maybe 9. idk what else i'd have to buy to do the swap.......I have my whole motor. all i'm doin is switchin blocks....?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
you'll still need oil, antifreeze, a head changing kit, & what ever else you find that you'll need to replace (there's allway's something). I'd be prepaired to spend $500 at least in parts to change a short block, plus the cost of the shortblock. I'd just look into seeing what you could get for it as-is before you go thru all that work just to loose money on the deal.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kool, I'll definately look into it more. I've got all the tools, just parts I guess. So how much do you think that block is worth?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
you were saying your buddy has it? if so & he'll help you out, see if he'll go $500, can't hurt. as to the parts for the swap, like I said above, I'd plan for another $500.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kool kool, I'll ask em and see if he goes for it. This is gonna be a lot of work. lol

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
yup, you'll have a full weekend in it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts