Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I just spun a rod bearing a while ago and wanted to know where would be a good place to buy a new set? And also what else should be replaced while the oil pan is off?

·
Registered
390 Posts
any replacement bearing is better than one that spun or out of round. find a race/performance set. scope the crank for abnormal wear. oil pump and gasket for the second part? if the gear-rotor looks ok i would'nt replace it unless i felt like spending money.

·
Lexus FTW
4,411 Posts
any replacement bearing is better than one that spun or out of round. find a race/performance set. scope the crank for abnormal wear. oil pump and gasket for the second part? if the gear-rotor looks ok i would'nt replace it unless i felt like spending money.
I agree with this UNLESS you have some plans for your car.
if you dont have plans for building it up and just want your car back normal I A. wouldnt get a race/performance set of pistons and rods unless they are roughly the same price as OEM
B. Keep the oil pump you have

If you have plans there are many places to look into. Personally I went with MMR. Reasonable and great product. As for the oil pump: Look into the 4valve pumps and pick ups. They are a direct fit (ask me how I know), the pickup tube is wider, the gears are slightly wider and it flows better

·
Lexus FTW
4,411 Posts
Main question is what do you want to use your car for? Do you plan on forced induction? From there you will get a lot more narrowed down advise frompeople

·
Commoner
352 Posts
If youve gone any short time those bearings will begin to turn into schrapnel and destroy all your other bearings. Chain reaction. My mishap costed me 1700 to repair doing all the work myself but now I did a complete rebuilt engine. I even has shavings in my heads scarring the cams

1 - 6 of 6 Posts