Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i was heading home it was rainin super crazy hard and i took a right onto a four lane road divided by a grass median. at the end of the turn i went into second, i lost traction, fish tailed alot, went into the grass median and ended up on the other side of the on coming lace facing the other way... so my question is, could i have damaged my car in anyway? by going into the grass like that? i thought a smelled something weird when i got home but im not sure... help!

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Well, I am sure you hurt the grass a bit. As long as you didn't really hit anything hard you should be fine. Check your tires to see if they have any flat spots.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Check your tires for any damage...scrapes, nails, slits...etc. Also check the bead to see that there are no rocks between the wheel and tire.

As far as under your car, there isn't much other than the oil pan (which is mostly covered by the K-member) and the differential to check for any leaks. Under the car, there really aren't too many places to cause a lot of damage.

Might want to check your alignment too.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just moved my car to a different spot in the driveway and no leaks that i can see. it sat in the same spot about twenty fifteen minutes. and on the way home i let go off the steering wheel to see if it pulled to the right or left and it stayed straight so it seems like its still aligned right. pretty wild night hahah

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
I've run my car off the road twice being less-than-cautious with the road conditions. Just keep in mind that you're driving a rear-wheel drive sports car with a relative history of being squirrelly in just about every condition other than absolutely dry roads. If that means slowing down to next-to-zero miles an hour for the sake of saving my car and life, then so be it.

Not saying you're reckless, just :2cents

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ def. theres **** all over it. all in my wheel wells mud and grass and ****.. damnnnnnn
pretty ****in kool tho! haah

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha i should appologize to the city XD

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I did that before, it was alittle wet out and I down shifted into 2nd. My rear kicked out so hard going around a turn on a 4 lane road. But my traction control was on thank god. I would have lost it into the median or hit another car. Learned my lesson for sure lol...glad your alright though

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh man I bet that was wild :0
these ponies don't like wet roads.. I think I had a angel in the passenger seat cuz that road is usually pretty busy but I was the only one out there when it happened. Thanks bro, I'm deff going to b alot more careful when the roads r wet. The first thought I had was "oh **** I've done ****in broke somethin" haha

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
take a nozzel to it and wash the wheel wells really good.... also the tires and take out any thing thats in the threads... then lift the car and go under and take a look that burning smell could have been the brakes when you applied them hard or the grass that got burnt by the exhaust piping glad your ok bro

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
I dont know what the big deal is, I have had traction control set to always be off after having the car for 3 months or so. I have never had a problem losing control of the car, even while ****ing around to see why people have problems. I even drove around on ice just fine with heavily used nitto 555s. As long as you are driving properly for your situation, you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
sounds like you were hammering down which is a big mistake in the rain.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Danny, cuz that wat really scared me was the smell. Seemed like it was the strongest at the back left tire...
Well dick ur one of the lucky ones! I've fish tailed twice not counting thus incident and all three times it has been raining

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mustang, I did give it to much throttle on the launch but when I hit second I was at normal throttle but they broke loose right after I went into second

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yeah these cars are pretty bad in rain, i had a few close calls in mine but never lost control. I better get my ABS light fixed before the winter comes. ABS light randomly turns on sometimes so my traction control turns off. Not safe at all once the rains come.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
i dont have traction control either the previous owner deleted it or it never came with it either way its not there.... and i have lost control a few times myself all of them were because i was being stupid with my buddies messing around and my tires are almost gone luckily nothing has ever happened...i have stopped all the messing around and i have some nitto 555's coming in that i ordered last week from discount tire to help me regain some traction.... im also going to take it in to get an alignment to make sure that everythings up to par... sucks that its going to put me out $900 in the end but i need them and its worth it

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Well I have slid some on wet road, and had my fun on ice, but I have never had a problem with the car. The couple times on ice where I did start to lose control were learning experiences, but even then I was able to regain control. Trick is to just not be so quick with the break, and not be generous with the throttle.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts